PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X & HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon!

Mr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What phone started your love afair with PPCs?

It all started with the Moto Q that I got on sale at Alltel. It was my first foray into Windows Mobile. I got it in August 2007 & pretty much just used it stock. That was until I came across this forum & saw how great a smartphone could be. After my girlfriend got a Palm Treo I moved up to my first HTC phone, the Titan. I was hooked after that and have never looked back. Then I got the TP1 (which is still a good looking phone by the way) and most recently the TP2.
I've become a real fan(boy) of Windows Mobile; preferring that platform over all the others. I've really become a fan of HTC PPC's because of all the tweaks & roms that I can use to enhance my phone. (man I really miss WM6.5, I can't wait until the TP2 is HSPL unlocked )

Look before you Leap. SEARCH before you Speak.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:04 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

The mogul was my first ppc.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

Moto mpx200 (wm2003)
Tmobile Dash
Sprint Mogul
Sprint Touch Pro
Verizon Imagio

Mogul was the only phone I really didn't like much from the start but it was my first touch screen so I still had lots of fun learning.

I move from site to site depending on who has the best following for the device. The mpx200 had me at modaco most of the time where i flashed my first rom upgrading to wm2005 lol. The dash was @ howard forums and XDA. The Mogul brought me here and stayed through the touch pro. Imagio will probably keep me here as well since it is so close to the tp2. Once they are both unlocked roms will probably be fairly easy to port one way or the other.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

darthtater1968 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to darthtater1968

My first was the Palm Treo 650, 700w, Samsung 760, 6800, Samsung Omnia, Touch Pro, Samsung Saga, and now my newest is the VZW TP2
Old 10-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

My history is as follows:

iPAQ HX2410>PPC-6700>Mogul>Touch Vogue>Touch Pro>Touch Diamond>Touch Pro2
Old 10-12-2009, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work

i started with the tmobile mda.. and you can see my addiction since then in my sig
Old 10-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

my first windows mobile phone was one of the older palm treos, i cant remember exactly, but thats when is tarted liking windows mobile, and have moved between many different phones and OS, but then came back to windows mobile when the touch pro came out.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Thread moved to proper forum!

For me it was the PPCPE from T-Mobile. It was pretty bad out of the box, but XDA helped with that. But I ended up getting rid of it because the data was snail like. It was a couple of years until I got the 6600, which on 1X was tolerable.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 10-12-2009, 10:20 PM
j_j
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

j_j is keeping up the good workj_j is keeping up the good work

haha my history is as follows >HTC Touch Pro

It was a rainy afternoon, my friend Shawn at work had shown me his apache and I was impressed by the device. So I ventured to HTC's website to browse their various PPCs. At the time they had a two PPC's that peaked my interest: The touch diamond and the touch pro. My upgrade eligibility was a non-factor and buying a phone outright was out of the question. To ebay I went the fateful day. Looking at the prices of the diamond and pro. It appeared with my budget that I would have to settle for a diamond, seeing as it was about 80-100 less on ebay. Then while pondering the prospect of picking my premier PPC I perceived a puzzeling picture provided by a peddler proclaiming to provide for payment a HTC Touch Pro Diamond. The listing attempting to garner more traffic through superfluous keywords had by the erroneous title defeated the ambition it had in its design. Seeing that the image was not stock, and the device in good condition, I placed a bid on the item. The ordeal concluded with my ownership of the TP for the diamond's price, and a love for PPCs.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

BK111968 is just getting started

I went from a Motorola E815 to the XV-6700, XV-6800 and now to the Touch Pro 2.

What did it for me was the silly Verizon GUI interface that was being installed on the dumbphones regardless of who the manufacturer was. The 6700 gave me a lot of options for customization which is what I wanted.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions