PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Need a little help with file moving (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90213)

shaunakadub 10-12-2009 06:12 PM

Need a little help with file moving

Hey guys,

I'm 100% new here, so I apologize if this is somewhere else on the site, but I couldn't find anything.

I've seen that ActiveSync is the way to move files to and fro from my Verizon Imagio, but if I remember correctly, you need the pricier data plan from Verizon to use ActiveSync (but I also remember it saying something about ActiveSync being the link to Outlook push mail, ect.)

Is there another way to do it? Or am I just confusing how Verizon words thier data plans and should still be able to use ActiveSync to move files...

bikeandestroyx 10-12-2009 06:16 PM

Re: Need a little help with file moving

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaunakadub (Post 1232561)
Hey guys,

I'm 100% new here, so I apologize if this is somewhere else on the site, but I couldn't find anything.

I've seen that ActiveSync is the way to move files to and fro from my Verizon Imagio, but if I remember correctly, you need the pricier data plan from Verizon to use ActiveSync (but I also remember it saying something about ActiveSync being the link to Outlook push mail, ect.)

Is there another way to do it? Or am I just confusing how Verizon words thier data plans and should still be able to use ActiveSync to move files...

Activesync is free, but the activsync exchange server costs. You can move files with activsynce for free as much as you want.

yearn 10-12-2009 06:18 PM

Active sync dosent use data but the best way to transfer is to select disk drive when you connect to your pc then just drg and drop your files

horndoctor 10-12-2009 06:28 PM

Yeah you are confusing things a bit. :) Activesync is the program that is used to sync data between your device and a pc. If you have a pc with XP installed then you will probably have to install Activesync software on it if it does not have it installed already. If your pc has Vista or Windows7 then you would use Windows Mobile Device Center instead of Activesync to sync your device to your pc. It does not cost anything to sync data between your device and your pc. You have to pay Verizon for a data plan in order to connect to the internet with your device. Also, you have to pay for Phone As Modem if you want to share the data connection of your device with your pc unless you do some registry hacks. :)

shaunakadub 10-12-2009 07:16 PM

That was quick!

I was originally thinking that but wasn't sure and didn't want to find some new charge come bill time.

Thanks for clearing that up.