PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
[Review] Smartphone Experts Mini USB Stereo Adapter

If you're like me, and want to use headphones with your Touch Pro/Diamond and hate how big and bulky the HTC converter is, then this may be the product for you!

For about $6, you can get this little adapter that is a little thicker than a headphone cord.

When first plugging it into my phone, I noticed the USB connection is very snug. I almost thought it wasn't going to fit. The benefit to this is that you won't have to worry about it falling out if you're jogging.

I also have a high-end A2DP bluetooth headset, but as I've seen others report, sometimes if your phone is in your pocket the music will cut out. The only way to eliminate this problem is by using a wired headset.

While testing this, I took it for a jog around the block. I had my phone in my pocket, upside down, screen off, and my headphones connected to the adapter. I had no skipping and the connection remained snug the whole time.

The only downside to this product is the way it comes out of the USB port. Instead of coming straight out and connecting to the headphones, it comes out at a 90 degree angle, which can make it a little awkward while in the pocket.

Overall I would rate this product a 9 out of 10, only losing 1 point for the 90 degree angled design. I would recommend this to anyone needing to use wired headphones with their phone without the bulk of the HTC adapter.

Buy it at the PPCGeeks store here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions