PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2006, 04:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pro
Carrier: Sprint

zweldon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
outlook replacement?

hello -

my name is zach, and i'm a bit new here, and to the ppc-6700 itself(just got mine two weeks ago). you'll probably be hearing from me quite a bit more in the future, but i figured i'd start off with a rather tame question(modslease feel free to move if i have not posted this in the correct spot):

my ppc came with outlook 2002, but, to be brutally honest, i have an outright disdain for microsoft's products, outside of their operating systems, and, well, notepad

does anybody have any suggestions for a pim/outlook replacement program that syncs/integrates well with my ppc?

thanks in advance
Old 10-21-2006, 08:51 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
may I ask what's wrong with poutlook?

Old 10-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pro
Threadstarter

zweldon is a n00b
well, outlook(or 'messaging', but i suspect it's somewhat based on regular outlook code) on my 6700 is just peachy. in fact, i'm plenty surprised at how tolerable the standard 'office' applications are on wm5.

however, outlook on my pc, is quite possibly the most bloated, resource hungry program installed on my computer(outside of windows itself, heh). now, not to turn this into a full on microsoft bash(that's been plenty well covered by others for years), as i am a windows user, and i can't bash too much w/o sounding like a hypocrite, if i'm still using their products...

but, let's face it - installed, outlook takes over 300mb, installs extra programs that are absolutely unnecessary(M$ Photo Editor, to start), steals file associations, and changes default programs for certain tasks(i.e.; i much prefer to use my gmail account via my browser to send email).

anyways, that's why, it's unwieldy, annoying, and a downright displeaure to use, so, anybody have any suggestions on any alternatives that sync/integrate well with my 6700?
Old 10-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
just don't sync ur email with the desktop or take the step and get a direct push account from mail2web where u can sync contacts, tasks, calendar, and email with ur exchange server account with them.
~mike
Old 10-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: vzw

jkfromak is a n00b
I agrre with wide, get a mail2web account.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions