PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus Mobility

macaboo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Who hates their windows mobile phone?

Do you hate your windows mobile phone and every day you wish you had the iphone? Do you hate the lack of support with applications? The stability of the phone? The battery life? The piece of **** not finger friendly operating system? The fact they have had the same games since 2003? Are you tired of being stuck with your windows mobile phone? I know I am. Just a simple survey to see who REALLY likes their wm phone. Lets hear what people think.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:58 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Who hates their windows mobile phone?

i have a love-hate relationship with winmo, i LOVE everything you can do with it and the customization but i HATE the OS that does it....

Im debating on getting another Palm Pre (had one, sold it, webOS 1.2 came out.... im p!ssed) Or HTC Hero because i have been running Android on my Vogue for a while and like the feel of it...

Still, my Vogue does everything i need it to do (web downloading, decompression of files, plenty of apps, customizable) But sometimes i get that "yuck" feeling when i step into a WinMo menu or interface... And IMO its a sad thing that you basically NEED to cover up the OS to make it enjoyable and finger friendly

Yes, i know... my preference lean more to fashion over function (PLEASE DONT SAY IPHONE, IT CANT MULTITASK!!!) But i gotta enjoy using my device and have a pleasant experience with it.

Now my cons for my candidates...

HTC HERO - not at all impressed with the CPU, in fact im worried that the OS and sense will be too much for it making it lag hard...

Palm Pre - The opposite, such a powerful CPU but the OS is compiled in javascript and web languages so no OpenGL or any way to use the GPU (why have such a good processor then if you cant use it??) Plus the SDK sucks
Old 10-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

Do I hate it? No way, even in stock form it was pretty good. It's certainly not the prettiest OS and having to cover it up just to make it even slightly usable/desirable means it's a joke, but now with 6.5 custom ROMs available I can get the latest 6.5 versions that look a lot nicer and work better (and are steadily improving). Messaging app, for example, looks really ugly when loading and popping up the keyboard results in an ugly loading sequence, but I get over it. Still, it is what I'd call stable even when running lots of programs at the same time, and my battery will easily last a day through heavy usage and two days or more with light usage. Crappy battery life must be an HTC thing.
I think the iPhone is cool and I've looked into getting a used 2G but to me, it's a fairly expensive locked down toy. Applications are out there, just spread all over the place as I'm sure you know. Still, app stores (like the PPCGeeks ) and the upcoming Windows Marketplace solve that problem (and hopefully the WM will get developers behind the platform again).
So while I do like the phone, I'm excited to see what gets released in the coming months. The Motorola Sholes/Tao for example, that looks great: fantastic looking hardware, beefy processor and specs and paired with Android which could be considered a modern-day version of WinMo, running on many different phones and being fairly open.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:24 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

i don't hate my touch vogue per say but i do hate the entire look of winmo and most of the today plugins. no i don't want an iphone because IMO it is just a fad that will die off. my next phone is the android hero and i look forward to ditching winmo for good or until wm7 comes out and impresses me.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:20 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

love my current phones
Old 10-04-2009, 03:04 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Lots of people talk about covering up the OS of WinMo, but not many consider that the iphones OS is really covered up. The iphone is little more than an application launcher. I mean really, you never even see the iphone OS, you have app icons and thats it. No real choice on where you store files or anything. You'd have basically the same thing if you use 6.5 and turn off the today screen in settings, nothing but icons to apps and programs on the start menu. The only thing the iphone really has going for it is the games, but it's still such a watered down gaming experience that I'll take a pass. It's just hard to make good games on a small screen with no tactile controls, I'll just stick with gaming consoles for video games.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 10-04-2009, 05:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82390

I have an iphone and it is not the shangrila of cell phones. And in fact if the game Zenonia (I love zelda rpgs) wasn't on it, it would still be collecting dust.

One thing as I have continuously said the iphone has is in its scrolling engine. The iphone cannot multitask, if you do any bit of work on it, the lag is horrendous (much worse than windows mobile anyday), the finger friendly aspect of the iphone has been outclassed by the palm pre, and even windows mobile 6.5.1!

As you can see I am not super special for iphone for a lot of reasons why =/
Old 10-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Don't hate it. It's still a pretty powerful and flexible platform. There are about a thousand things on my wishlist for features or improvements.

WM is surely showing it's age and other mobile platforms are doing better in proving that.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 10-04-2009, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro/Vouge

cardriver is keeping up the good workcardriver is keeping up the good work

WM is great. one reason most of us are here is because we all like it as a base and we can make it just that much better...not to knock on you but usually it really is up to the user on how the OS runs. like computers. a user that may not know as much would run into more issues than a person that may know a bit more as they would be more aware of what to do when something comes up. i think all platforms are great just up to the user
Old 10-05-2009, 12:19 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
WM is surely showing it's age and other mobile platforms are doing better in proving that.
+1 to that. However, if it wasn't for that I wonder how much customization, tweaking, and ROM building would really go on And for that reason, I love it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions