PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Code is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cell Phone Hijacking

Someone just sent a video of a news clip about hijacking cell phones (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCyKcoDaofg) to me. Evidently there's software that allows you to track someone's location, monitor text messages and phone calls, and even activate the microphone and listen in when they're not on the phone.

Scary stuff. Anyone know the best way to protect yourself from this type of software? ..or how to detect it?
Old 09-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Cell Phone Hijacking

I checked out the news network's article on the matter. I found this part particularly funny:

Based on WTHR's test, here are some subtle signs that could suggest your cell phone is being secretly tapped:

- Cell phone battery is warm even when your phone has not been used
- Cell phone lights up at unexpected times, including occasions when phone is not in use
- Unexpected beep or click during phone conversation

Yeah...or they are signs you're using an HTC phone!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:26 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

lol at post #2

Old 09-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Code is a n00b

Found another Youtube video that has some helpful tips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujosfSkHFrQ&NR=1

Basically, if you notice your battery draining much quicker than usual or that your phone is staying warm/hot between calls, it's probably constantly sending data.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

this has to actually be put on your phone for someone to spy on you... nothing really that scary if you don't leave your cellphone lying around.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
this has to actually be put on your phone for someone to spy on you... nothing really that scary if you don't leave your cellphone lying around.
+1 for the above. Additionally, my expectation of privacy in the digital age that we now live in is about zero...as well yours should be too.

I could go on but we all know that this thread is be monitored.

late,
Coz
Old 09-29-2009, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

When I see thread like these it always reminds me of Flexispy as seen in the video.

http://www.flexispy.com/
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 09-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: nill
Carrier: nill

florachristi is a n00b

So what should we do for this things not to get happen to us,,,,,, and even i heard they will hijack through bluetooth also we should not keep on the bluetooth in the public,,,,,
Old 09-30-2009, 12:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think you guys are talking about Phone Creeper >
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=527423

I was keeping up with the thread at the beginning but lost interest.
The developer was supposed to develop a program to counter the original program so it could be detected and disabled.
I am not sure if he did or not.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 09-30-2009 at 01:01 AM. Reason: content edit
Old 10-02-2009, 06:52 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Does it install over the air?

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions