PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 12:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cell Phone Hijacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Does it install over the air?
No. You need access to the device that you want to install it on.
Once you install it, you can then access the device regarding eavesdropping, text recipients, numbers called, etc.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 10-02-2009, 03:24 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It shouldnt be too much of a problem then if they have to have the phone to install it.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 10-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

not to mention you would hopefully notice a random program either with a decent task manager or remove programs
Old 10-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

a great FREE software to help conter this is...flexis (or something like that) and it detects phone creeper
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by florachristi View Post
So what should we do for this things not to get happen to us,,,,,, and even i heard they will hijack through bluetooth also we should not keep on the bluetooth in the public,,,,,
Bluetooth is surprisingly easy to hijack phones with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
I think you guys are talking about Phone Creeper >
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=527423

I was keeping up with the thread at the beginning but lost interest.
The developer was supposed to develop a program to counter the original program so it could be detected and disabled.
I am not sure if he did or not.
Same here, I lost interest in that thread also.
I kept posting how it was a bad idea from the beginning...
but no one ever listens to me.

Quote:
It shouldnt be too much of a problem then if they have to have the phone to install it.
There's otherways to install actually.
Could be attached to a program you download from forums.
PPC programs that have been cracked could also have this program secretly in it.
If you really want to be technical a simple webpage and some javascript to detect if it's a phone browser could then download it to your phone as a "cookie" or something that could install itself in the background.
There's always ways to do that.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Just to clarify, if you wanted to put this application on your Spouses device, you would need access to the device to install it yourself.
After that, you would be able to access the features remotely.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

I live in Indianapolis (WTHR is our local news) and saw this air while sitting with my wife. Knowing that I'm constantly messing with both of our phones, she gave me that look when it aired like "you better not". LOL! I told her that I can't stand to listen to her and her friends gab about what happened last night on Real Housewives of Atlanta, and had ZERO interest in listening to ANYTHING they were talking about.

Kinda cool to see a clip from our local news made PPCGeeks news!
Old 10-03-2009, 11:36 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Thankfully, HTC phones are not in the same league. Because they are more diverse and offer more features to counter the possibility of hacking into a phone like that of a WinMo, its easier to be safe than say, with a BREW phone people can hack into.

usually its hacked via bluetooth, and they transfer the files over. The next best thing is to hijack the phone and install via USB

anyways, I think its not an issue for us because.

1. I dont use bluetooth

and,

2. I'd never leave a $500 luxury phone out of my sight
Old 10-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Quote:
Does it install over the air?
No. In order to install this application to a device, you must have physical access to it.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 10-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Quote:
...PPC programs that have been cracked could also have this program secretly in it...
See: Trojan Program

Much as you could install a cool game such as "Tower Toppler", but end up with the executables "Patch.exe" or "SysEdit.exe" installed on your system as a side effect. (Netbus Trojan). It worked fine in the 90's for infecting PC's, it only makes logical sense that it would also be done on PPCs where root authority is granted by default.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions