PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Wheres the HTC Commercials? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87805)

yearn 09-28-2009 10:07 PM

Wheres the HTC Commercials?

I was just sitting here wondering.....
You see a TON of iphone commercials..
Lots of Blackberry commercials, several Samsung,Motorola,Palm Pre and LG commercials.
So I wonder why dont you ever see an HTC commercial?? Am I missing them?
Seems like HTC could be a much more popular product if they would just push it a little. (Kinda like how Verizon crams a Blackberry in you face as soon as you walk through the door)
I would love to see HTC get the attention they deserve but untill they start advertising people are just gonna keep going into the stores wanting to see the new BB or iphone.

Just my thoughts.... Whats yours?

breakmyfootoff 09-28-2009 10:39 PM

Re: Wheres the HTC Commercials?

Very true. iPhone, Pre, MyTouch, T1, Blackberrys, and Motorolas are on TV all the time. I've NEVER seen an HTC commercial, most people dont even know what they are. They've relied on word of mouth and store reps to seel these phones, and considering how many they sell, you'd have to imagine that the numbers would skyrocket with a little advertising.

Batman 09-28-2009 10:46 PM

mytouch is a htc phone...

jbearamus 09-28-2009 10:55 PM

same thought, they probably would be more successful if theyd advertise and show off their phones a little however i'm sure part of it is continued fall out from when their phones were branded by the carriers not HTC branded

jbearamus 09-28-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake044 (Post 1200796)
mytouch is a htc phone...

but its not advertised as an htc phone, its the "tmobile mytouch3g w/ google"

horndoctor 09-28-2009 10:58 PM

I actually saw one once when I was at a friends house. He had HD satellite TV. The key is once! Never seen one on regular TV.:(

Batman 09-28-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 1200824)
but its not advertised as an htc phone, its the "tmobile mytouch3g w/ google"

yeah, true. you'd think htc would step up and say something about them wanting to be mentioned in the commercial..

its a wonder how htc got so successful..

jbearamus 09-28-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake044 (Post 1200837)
yeah, true. you'd think htc would step up and say something about them wanting to be mentioned in the commercial..

its a wonder how htc got so successful..

you'd think seeings how everyone else involved gets their advertising
and htc is so successful b/c who else are you going to talk to for a good WinMo phone? i think the only thing i've seen thats come close recently is the omnia and more recently the Toshiba T01 that isn't available over here

Batman 09-28-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 1200854)
you'd think seeings how everyone else involved gets their advertising
and htc is so successful b/c who else are you going to talk to for a good WinMo phone? i think the only thing i've seen thats come close recently is the omnia and more recently the Toshiba T01 that isn't available over here

a lil off topic but i was thinkin about a good advertising strategy for winmo, you know those commercials that ms did for windows(they "gave" people $1000 to find a good windows comp and saying macs were too expensive,blah blah blah)? well ms could do that for winmo...

jbearamus 09-28-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake044 (Post 1200903)
a lil off topic but i was thinkin about a good advertising strategy for winmo, you know those commercials that ms did for windows(they "gave" people $1000 to find a good windows comp and saying macs were too expensive,blah blah blah)? well ms could do that for winmo...

that could work, seems to do wonders for PCs since their mind share went up and apple cut prices and cried to MS