PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 11:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Files missing yet SC card is still full?

I have a Touch Pro through Sprint and a couple days ago I went to use Google maps and had to reinstall it. I thought it was odd but reinstalled it and went on my way. Later that day I noticed all my pix were gone, and my MP3s. All the programs that were installed on it wont from now either. I went into my file explorer it was basically empty. My 1st thought was I had the phone in my pocket, touchscreen. Maybe I accidently deleted everything on the card. But I put the card into my Nokia N96, checked the files and more files appeared(I didnt check for my pix or songs) so I put it back in my TP and more files appeared, but not my pix. And upon checking how much memory I have left, it still shows my card as full. So idk wtf is going on. Did my SD card mess up? I use SPB backup, idk if that could have caused a problem. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-24-2009, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA/GSM

geotravelcat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Files missing yet SC card is still full?

I can't recall what it was, but there was a cab I installed not too long ago that ganked my files but when I looked at them via a different card reader the space was the same but there were only a few files. Almost like it corrupted them to the extent the couldn't be viewed even in explorer. Let me think on it and maybe I'll be able to remember the program to see if you might have it installed but I eventually formatted my card again since I frequently store .nbh files on it to re-flash the ROM. If you don't already backup (I know you've heard the preaching before, but everyone messes up once or twice LOL That's how we learn ), try MobSync because it will let you backup directories unlike activesync which is point and click each file. Here is the Mobsync .zip and I will see if I can refresh the gray matter to remember the program. I would also try a recovery option or DOS if you can. Sometimes you get lucky and the files are alright Good luck! Thank me if I helped.

Last edited by geotravelcat; 03-31-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Threadstarter

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Well as I said, I do use SPB backup. But the files in question were on my SD card
Old 09-24-2009, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA/GSM

geotravelcat is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Well as I said, I do use SPB backup. But the files in question were on my SD card
My disappearing files were on my SD also. I put the card in a reader and formatted because this program (I think may have actually been a ROM) caused files to exit stage right. I never had it happen before and once I read up on the suspect app/ROM I found other users with the same problem. Anyway I hope you figure it out. Good Luck

Thank those who've helped! My Thanks to the Genius of the Master Chefs in this kitchen & their hard work. Please remember to Thank the Kitchen staff when we can!
Old 09-24-2009, 04:35 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Do you have another card handy? If so try to put some files there and see if you can open them on your device, you might need to move all your file from your card to your pc to perform a card format, then put the files back into the card.(dont use NTFS format, use FAT).
You could also perform a cleam up with SKTools or MemMaid.

Last edited by JAVIERBOND007; 09-24-2009 at 04:37 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions