PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Code is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why all the windows mobile hate?

A lot of people dislike Windows Mobile because it's buggy and not user friendly. There is absolutely no valid excuse or defense for those shortcomings. In its current state it will remain popular only with enthusiasts, which is a small portion of the market. If Windows Mobile is not fixed and is unable to gain market share, it will die.

To those of you stating the problem is with the user and not the OS, you have your head in the sand.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code View Post
A lot of people dislike Windows Mobile because it's buggy and not user friendly. There is absolutely no valid excuse or defense for those shortcomings. In its current state it will remain popular only with enthusiasts, which is a small portion of the market. If Windows Mobile is not fixed and is unable to gain market share, it will die.

To those of you stating the problem is with the user and not the OS, you have your head in the sand.
I couldn't disagree more ... of course, every platform has it's issues, including apple. I'm not a Microsoft fan boy, but the mere fact that they allow all the development and hacking that takes place at this site ... it very gracious. Hang around for a while ... there is some exciting stuff going on, and maybe you'll moderate some of your cynicism.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
I couldn't disagree more ... of course, every platform has it's issues, including apple. I'm not a Microsoft fan boy, but the mere fact that they allow all the development and hacking that takes place at this site ... it very gracious. Hang around for a while ... there is some exciting stuff going on, and maybe you'll moderate some of your cynicism.
Exactly my thoughts. I feel windows mobile is the most powerful and flexable phone OS out there right now and with them allowing us to play and hack our phones to cusomize it as we want, there is nothing like that out there right now.

Love or hate Microsoft, Windows Mobile is a very powerful OS and WM 6.5 finally makes it a little more finger/user frendly.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Exactly my thoughts. I feel windows mobile is the most powerful and flexable phone OS out there right now and with them allowing us to play and hack our phones to cusomize it as we want, there is nothing like that out there right now.

Love or hate Microsoft, Windows Mobile is a very powerful OS and WM 6.5 finally makes it a little more finger/user frendly.
Pay attention to Android phones. Once the developer community picks up (more than Cyanogen) you will see that platform is even more customizable.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 10-21-2009, 08:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6800 > HTC Touch Pro (Alltel!) > HTC Incredible
Carrier: Alltel -> VZW

Ed Zachary is becoming a great contributor

Why all the WM hate?

The same reason for all the Windows hate.
And for all the piercings.
And for all the tribal tattoos.
And for all the spiked hair.
And for all the long sideburns.
And for all the rock and roll.
And for all the jitterbugging.

It's the cool thing to do.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: The Now Network

neopanther is becoming a great contributor

So folks. I share 4 lines with family members. It is time to upgrade one of them. I was trying to decide between the pro 2 (which I have and love) and the hero which I know next to nothing about customizing android. From doing my homework I have found the features of the hero to be attractive and hope Sprint gets their version of the Imagio. I just got into the smart phone game and want to know if android phones can be tethered...or as easily. I rather love being able to use my phone as a modem (and customizing the hell out of it). Any suggestions?
HTC Hero (There appears to be a theme here, huh?) Loving this website. Watching Sprint rebound one day at a time.

Last edited by neopanther; 10-21-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: The Now Network

neopanther is becoming a great contributor

...and Sporkster. I WILL be keeping my eye on Android. I have so far. Looking forward to it.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by neopanther View Post
...and Sporkster. I WILL be keeping my eye on Android. I have so far. Looking forward to it.
Exciting times for Sprint phone subscribers. Real Options when it comes to smartphones.

Hopefully Google and Apple lit a fire under MS, and hopefully WM7 is nothing short of spectacular.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:50 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Things are moving so fast at this point that I cant even commit to buying a phone lol. Pretty soon I'm gonna have to just bite the bullet and get one of them no matter whats on the horizon.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions