PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
32 GB microSDHC cards?

The last I saw on these was a short blurb that Sandisk was working on them and they were close to market in February of 2009. 7 months later, no 32 GB cards, or hard evidence that they'll be out soon, at least not that I've seen.

I'd like to buy a 16 GB class 6 card, but I'll feel like a fool if I buy it and a reasonably priced 32 GB class 6 card comes out before the beginning of next year.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:21 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: 32 GB microSDHC cards?

yeah i dunno... ur right though, 6months or so ago it seemed like 16s and 32s were gonna come out together really didnt it... wonder what happened... im guessing 32s will be well over 100bucks......... when they actually come out....

im thinking about a 16 myself, looks like 45-52/53 bucks seems to be about the going rate online.... find something cheaper let me know
Old 09-13-2009, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Same thing happened with the 16 gb cards, the 8gb cards, the 4gb cards and HC class, etc etc... my assumption is that compatibility rates are low with current devices and that they have to have manufacturers add support for them before it's worthwhile to release them as retail items. I've yet to find any true indication of when they'll be out. The specs for the phone say they'll support them but with none actually available it's hard to say they'll even work for certain. I'd get a 16gb class 6 and don't hold your breath. If 32gb comes out, sell it right away to recap at least half your investment... I mean 16gb class 6 cards are ~$50 so you're not out very much at all.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

Yes, I too have been watching for the 32gb's. I'm using an 8gb class 4 as of now, not really needing another 24gb's but damn I want it, haha. They're gonna be pricey no doubt, which is why I'm gonna spend my money on an extended battery instead, which for me is more of a necessity than a large micro sd card.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:26 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i still cant imagine holding a TP2 with an extended battery, the phones already huge lol.. if ya need it, ya need it though
Old 09-20-2009, 03:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Bought a 16 back on my mogul days..$130 at Best buy, paid $62 due to employee discount. class 2 tho. I got the sd tune up cab and the speed is ok but my class 4 8gig is noticibly faster.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 11-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung i700
Carrier: verizon

ahnah74 is a n00b

I just bought a kensington 32gb micro SDHC class 4 card off e-bay for $100 and so far it seems to be doing great!
Old 11-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I got a class 2 16gb open package at Fry's for 20 bucks like 3 months ago. I love it. Waiting for the 32gb though.
p.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnah74 View Post
I just bought a kensington 32gb micro SDHC class 4 card off e-bay for $100 and so far it seems to be doing great!
So, you're talking about this:

Purchased from here:
http://tinyurl.com/yhxthpj

The rummor is that 20 such cards were bootlegged out of Kingston easily, because they are from a batch that was determined to be defective in that only half of the 32 gigs work. All of them have now sold. Still, it would be interesting if you, ahnah, would post back whether you're actually able to see and use ALL of the 32 gigs. Can you post a screen shot like this:

Thanks, MrG
Old 11-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes View Post
So, you're talking about this...
Hmm, very strange, my pic has vanished. Trying again:

Let's see how long this one stays.

Edit - Now both work, so this post can be deleted. (Server of 1st pic was down, now back up.)

Last edited by MrGoodtunes; 11-16-2009 at 02:14 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions