PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Phone lock down. Block calls not in contacts via pin? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84412)

veedubguru 09-13-2009 12:21 PM

Phone lock down. Block calls not in contacts via pin?

Someone at Sprint told me that this feature is easy to enable since most businesses do this to prevent employees from making personal calls on the work phone.

The phone I'm wanting to do this on is an 800W. It's my kids phone on our business account. He's placing calls to numbers he should not be calling. Rather than taking his phone away, as I need him to be able to call me and visa-versa, I want to employ this lock. Supposedly it keeps the phone from dialing numbers that aren't already stored in contacts, or editing / adding of contacts, and hard resetting. The default pin for this I was told is the last 4 digits of the phone number. I'm hoping it will prevent texting even though that stupid Palm has a non-windows texting utility... so who knows.

Anyone know how to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

Biker1 09-13-2009 01:07 PM

Re: Phone lock down. Block calls not in contacts via pin?

I am not sure of this feature.
But to achieve what you are describing, an option would be to try Magicall.
It is one of, if not the best call blocking programs out there. And it does alot more.
You can find more info here>>

http://www.mobiion.com/magicall.html

I have used Magicall for a few months and it is great software.
In addition, the developer stands behind his software 100% and offers excellent support which I can attest to.
You can also lock the program and password protect it.
It also has the ability to block text messaging.

veedubguru 09-13-2009 01:09 PM

Thanks. I've personally used magicall before, but it doesn't help with this. He needs to not have the ability to make a call to someone outside his contact list.

Biker1 09-13-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veedubguru (Post 1162023)
Thanks. I've personally used magicall before, but it doesn't help with this. He needs to not have the ability to make a call to someone outside his contact list.

I believe that you can make an Outgoing Rule that will achieve this.
You can email Song at Magicall and ask, or drop MordyT a pm on this site.
Tell MordyT that Biker1 thought he can help you out :)

veedubguru 09-13-2009 01:38 PM

I can't remember. Does magicall have a pin to launch the program? I don't want him to be able to open it and alter or delete a rule.

Biker1 09-13-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veedubguru (Post 1162071)
I can't remember. Does magicall have a pin to launch the program? I don't want him to be able to open it and alter or delete a rule.

Yes, you can lock the program and password protect it.
I am outside running around now, but I can let you know how to make the rule later on.
It would be an Outgoing Rule with the Anonymous Filter, I believe.
I can give more details later on as I am getting onto the subway now.

UPDATE:
It would be an "Outgoing Rule" with an "Unknown Number" Filter which would block Outgoing Calls that are Not in the Contacts List.
I will be back later on.

MordyT 09-13-2009 03:39 PM

As it happens to be, i chanced upon this thread and after reading the OP question, first thing i though of was "MagiCall". Then i saw biker1 was here...........
anyways, biker1, sorta got it, execpt that you can't prevent adding new contacts to the list through magicall. however, if the OP sends me the list of numbers, i can make a rules set that that only allows those numbers through. Simply putting the numbers through magicall instead of telling it only to use the contacts. OP, i sent you a PM

Biker1 09-13-2009 03:50 PM

Thanks MordyT
I was reading and responding to this thread on the run and didn't absorb the part about adding new contacts.
I am glad you are able to help out the op regarding the new Rule Set :)
Still running around so I'll check back later.

MordyT 09-13-2009 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok,
what i ahve made here is a very basic rule set.
it goes as follows:
1) 5 seperate rules for outgoing numbers. (yeah it could be shrunk into 1, but it will be easier this way for the OP) simply add a number you want for him to be able to call into a rule and then it will be able to be called.
2) All outgoing calls block - self explaintory
3) 5 rules for incoming calls... same as above....
4) All incoming calls block. - self explaitory
5) 1 sms number. This allows 1 person (you have to tell it what number) to be allowed to text him. Otherwise all incoming txts get auto deleted from his phone
6) all incoming txt gets deleted - this deletes any incoming txt's.

For outgoing txts, a rule can be made OR you can call sprint and have them block him from txting...