PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 07:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Basic PPC Phone questions

All,
I think this is where I should post, if not sorry.

When talking on the phone, can I also compose/send email, lookup contacts or am I stuck doing nothing but talking on the call? This is the biggest thing I'd like to be able to do with the phone.

If sending email would it have to happen over wi-fi if while on the call or can it send email and handle the call at the same time. I'm looking at the CDMA version of the phone, but if it matters I could always go T-Mobile (GSM) to get this functionality.

thanks,
dave
Old 09-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Basic PPC Phone questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
All,
I think this is where I should post, if not sorry.

When talking on the phone, can I also compose/send email, lookup contacts or am I stuck doing nothing but talking on the call? This is the biggest thing I'd like to be able to do with the phone.

If sending email would it have to happen over wi-fi if while on the call or can it send email and handle the call at the same time. I'm looking at the CDMA version of the phone, but if it matters I could always go T-Mobile (GSM) to get this functionality.

thanks,
dave
you will not be able to use data at the same time your on the phone, cdma technology doesnt allow this, you can be using wifi and send emails though!
GSM networks allow simultanious vioce and data so you can send emails through data while talking on the phone no problem
Old 09-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Quote:
All,
Yes, you can. When I do this, I switch to speakerphone and them press the home key. From there I can do whatever I want, look up a contact, launch an app, etc.

Like the previous poster said, CDMA (Sprint / Verizon) can't do both voice and data at the same time. GSM (ATT / T-Mobile, etc) can.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So on Sprint/Verizon you can compose the emails and such, but they will stay in your Outgoing box until the call has ended? Assuming no wifi.

thanks,
dave
Old 09-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Quote:
So on Sprint/Verizon you can compose the emails and such, but they will stay in your Outgoing box until the call has ended? Assuming no wifi.

thanks,
dave
Yep. Depending on your Send / Receive schedule, it may try and send while you are on the call (if you Send / Receive every 5 minutes and your call is 15 minutes). I don't remember if a message pops up saying you can't get to data or not. Anyhow, once the call is over, the next scheduled Send / Receive will send the emails. Or, you can force a Send / Receive after you end the call.....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800

bluedevil62189 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bluedevil62189 Send a message via Yahoo to bluedevil62189

I have a question. I recently got the SK Tools program and the VITO SMS Chat program. I was wondering is there anyway to change the way my Mogul (Windows 6.1) opens the messaging. Instead of going to the regular windows messaging I would like it to open with the VITO SMS chat program instead. If someone could give me a step by setp way to do this I would greatly appreciate it =]

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions