PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 07:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic aka HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ronnybej is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Switching Two Active Phones with Sprint

Hey, I don't know if this is in the right area, but I didn't know where else to put it. I have a Sprint Touch Pro right now and want a Pre. My brother actually wants the Touch Pro, but doesn't want to pay the hefty price tag. I told him I would switch once he gets it and activates his phone.

The question is: How can I switch two active lines? Can I do this online? Is there a waiting period before I can try the switch?

Thanks guys for the help.

Mods, if this is in the wrong place, sorry and please move accordingly.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:11 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Re: Switching Two Active Phones with Sprint

Moved to appropriate section...

You have to call in on a phone other than the two you want to move around and the customer service rep can do it for you. I have done this a couple of times since my kids always get my old phone when I change phones.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 09-10-2009, 07:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ronnybej is a n00b

Thanks alot Ninja and thanks for the quick response! I figured I would have to call it in. I was hoping to do it online, but oh well. Is there a certain amount of time I need to wait (a business day) or can I do it immediately?
Old 09-10-2009, 08:38 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

You can do it immediately but if there is a discount or rebate involved you will not get it. You must wait 30 days for all the rebates to valid.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:22 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ronnybej is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
You can do it immediately but if there is a discount or rebate involved you will not get it. You must wait 30 days for all the rebates to valid.
He's getting the phone at Bestbuy and they don't have a mail-in-rebate since they take it off right off the bat. I guess I will have to try and see if it will work. I tried do it before with Verizon and that said I had to wait a day. Weird.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:54 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you can do it whenever, if you have a non activated phone such as an old device, you can use it as a middle man to do the swaps online.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

You need a middle ESN to do the swap, switching two phones that are active will not be easy.

The system will not let you, but if you have an old phone you can activate that phone and then activate your brothers phone, then your brother activates your phone onto his line.

Cliffnotes - When swapping esns there always has to be one inactive esn.

I <3 Android
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

davebach is a n00b

Here is my recent experience with Sprint for what it's worth. I started up a new line of service with Sprint and received a smartphone at a deep discount after rebates and instant savings. I was told that it was Sprint's policy that this new smartphone stay on the new line for an initial 30 day period in order to be eligible for the rebates. However, the agent went ahead and made an exception to the rule allowing me to swap the smartphone with a non-active flip phone I had lying around. I then was able to have the new smartphone replace one of my other phones on an existing line.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HtC EvO

jdefran is just getting started

Although this post hasn't seen action in sometime...hopefully someone responds

On my sprint account I have three lines (me, the mrs., and my mother). My wife is due for an upgrade on June 1, 2010. I preordered the evo using her line, so essentially she will have the evo. But....I am going to switch the evo to my line. I purchased the phone at radio shack so no rebates to worry about. So does anyone know how long that must be active on the line it was purchased with before switching? There is an additional phone to make the transition easier in necessary.

Ronny-Was your situation the same? If so, how long did you wait to switch lines.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

A representative wont switch it for 30 days because it affects their commission but if the customer (you) does it there is no problem. You can call Sprint customer service from a landline phone, power off both phones and ask them to switch the esn's. It should not be an issue. The customer service number if you are not on your celly is 1888-211-4727. Enjoy your new phone!!!

P.S. I usually wait 24 hours but you can probably do it sooner.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions