PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 08:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

schoust is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Latest Verizon Smart Phones

Hi Guy's. Well the Boss has given me the go ahead for a new Smart Phone but I am saddled with Verizon so what ever it is it has to be from them. My question is I would like to know what phone is comparable to the Touch Pro 1 and has all of the same features but does Not Crash like the POS that I have now.
Thanks
Old 05-12-2010, 08:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Iphone

bennysangel is keeping up the good workbennysangel is keeping up the good work
Re: Latest Verizon Smart Phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoust View Post
Hi Guy's. Well the Boss has given me the go ahead for a new Smart Phone but I am saddled with Verizon so what ever it is it has to be from them. My question is I would like to know what phone is comparable to the Touch Pro 1 and has all of the same features but does Not Crash like the POS that I have now.
Thanks
The Touch Pro2..It is such an improvement over TP1....Its an awesome device, runs much smoother IMO should have been TP1..
Old 05-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: verizon

mallard729 is a n00b

get the incredicle it has remote wipe, just no keyboard. i wish i had one instead of my tp2. It's a amazing phone
Old 05-12-2010, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

Wow that Increadable is really somthing! I wish it had a keyboard though....Is the Droid OS better than Window's Mobiil 6.1? I was thinking I should wait for Window's 7? Any release dates yet? Is it worth the wait?
Old 05-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Windows 7 will suck. TP2 has wm 6.5. I can't do without a keyboard so TP2 is the choice for me.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

Well Drew I'm with you Brother! I need a key board too but the performance of that Snapdragon and all of the Ram,storage etc,is very tempting indeed! And the other thing that is bothering me is the TP2 is getting old as far as tech. goes. It seems to me that if something like this is more than a couple of months old it's dated! This is why I would like to have the performance of the incredible with a keyboard. I am also a bit nervous about the Android OS compared to a Window's based OS. I have never fooled with Droid OS but I have not heard many complain. So IMHO this OS must be decent or it would not have surpassed the I Phone in Total sales......
Anyone here of anything real sweet coming out soon from big Red? I'm stuck with them because this is the company we do business with and are under contract,otherwise I would have got the I-Phone many moons ago......
Old 05-12-2010, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro Energy.HERMAN.24631.Sense2.5.Cookie.Sep.4
Carrier: alltel

frizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: Latest Verizon Smart Phones

Quote:
I am also a bit nervous about the Android OS compared to a Window's based OS. I have never fooled with Droid OS but I have not heard many complain. So IMHO this OS must be decent or it would not have surpassed the I Phone in Total sales......

Just because the Iphone or android is more popular than WM does that mean that it is what you want or what the masses want? After all we are "Geeks".
Old 05-13-2010, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

I will say this Mr. Frizzle Fry I honestly could care less about the popularity of any device! What I want is the capability to run more than a couple of applications without this POS Touch Pro crashing! I use my phone for things most people can not emagine and I need power and memory,that being said the I-Phone seems to fit that bill nicely but my company is under contract with Verizon for the next couple of years so that is out. I do like the looks of the Android and the new Incredible sure seems to pack a punch as far as hardware goes but without the keyboard that I must have. In a nutshell I would love to try all of them for the fun of it but the Boss has stated flat out that what I ask for can not be sent back and I will have to live with it period. That is the reason that I ask not out of popularity,that went away when I was a youngster. Its' simply about the best! Oh and it has to be from Verizon...................

One more thing, I'm NO Geek!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro Energy.HERMAN.24631.Sense2.5.Cookie.Sep.4
Carrier: alltel

frizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I will say this Mr. Frizzle Fry I honestly could care less about the popularity of any device! What I want is the capability to run more than a couple of applications without this POS Touch Pro crashing! I use my phone for things most people can not emagine and I need power and memory,that being said the I-Phone seems to fit that bill nicely but my company is under contract with Verizon for the next couple of years so that is out. I do like the looks of the Android and the new Incredible sure seems to pack a punch as far as hardware goes but without the keyboard that I must have. In a nutshell I would love to try all of them for the fun of it but the Boss has stated flat out that what I ask for can not be sent back and I will have to live with it period. That is the reason that I ask not out of popularity,that went away when I was a youngster. Its' simply about the best! Oh and it has to be from Verizon...................

One more thing, I'm NO Geek!
well my TP doesn't crash all the time and i don't want an iphone, other than that we are in the same boat which is why i say we are geeks. We must be the one percent that wants a PC like experience. I feel like a lone voice in a sea of whatever. I want a pocket pc, yes a stabile one with awesome hardware, and oh yeah a phone that works. Currently the best winmo from verizon is the tp2 and the best android is the incredible. the rest is up to you. (itook the incredible back, its a great phone os, but not what i wanted to live with for the next two years with what i do.)
Old 05-13-2010, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

Hmm Well to be honest I really liked the Touch Pro but the darn thing crashes constantly! I have really Benn kicking around getting the TP2 but as I said if it acted even remotely like the 1st version I would have to hang myself Lol! Honestly I do like the WM OS but feel it is antiquated for sure. Let me ask you this is the incredible VPN capable? Does it have a radio? I really need to see an owners manual with all of the capabilities of the phone before I decide for sure. I still believe that the TP 2 is old tech though and as far as the I-Phone goes the thing is as solid as a rock for sure theres no denying that but I have heard that they do not have the same reception all around as the other carriers.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions