PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you think custom roms are really faster than stock rom?
Yes much faster 5 33.33%
A little faster 4 26.67%
About the same speed 6 40.00%
Custom Roms are slower 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
Went back to Stock ROM!!!

So out of sheer boredom I went back to stock rom, and I have to tell ya, I really cannot tell the difference in speed people... I personally like custom roms better, but is there really a difference in speed? If so, how can I see proof, besides just uploading a rom to my phone and testing for myself. Because by the time I get the rom uploaded and start running it, I can't tell the diff in speed....!? I am sure some of you experts out there can tell the difference much like I as a pro DJ could tell the difference in the quality of a song where the audience might not be able to. So does anyone really think the stock rom is slower? Even if you load a stock rom, its not like you automatically have a faster processor... right?? Again, if custom roms are faster, could you show me a place where it would prove it?

TIA

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 09-04-2009, 05:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: Went back to Stock ROM!!!

stock rom is fast as it is. 6.1 will be faster because it has native kernel, 6.5 does not yet. When that day comes (we are all waiting...) it will be just as fast if not faster than 6.1! we just like to customize things, thats why we like custom roms
Old 09-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

stock rom has alot of lag that has disappeared with custom 6.1 roms.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

yes custom 6.1 roms would be the fastest roms there are..
I am going to make one that uses quickmenu for kicks.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

cant really compare 6.1 to 6.5 since 6.1 is faster.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Threadstarter

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Yeah, one really fast custom rom I used was the revolution rom by mighty? LOVED the speed, may go back to it as there is a little lag in the stock, and 6.5 looks better, but I just have too much lag with that... =( sad because I love the look of it!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro

Kronnospr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
So out of sheer boredom I went back to stock rom, and I have to tell ya, I really cannot tell the difference in speed people... I personally like custom roms better, but is there really a difference in speed? If so, how can I see proof, besides just uploading a rom to my phone and testing for myself. Because by the time I get the rom uploaded and start running it, I can't tell the diff in speed....!? I am sure some of you experts out there can tell the difference much like I as a pro DJ could tell the difference in the quality of a song where the audience might not be able to. So does anyone really think the stock rom is slower? Even if you load a stock rom, its not like you automatically have a faster processor... right?? Again, if custom roms are faster, could you show me a place where it would prove it?

TIA
Hello people... I am new on this formums and I have a TP Pro for a month now, the thing is not the way is faster or not... for me, the new rom upgrades, give me more functionality, I get to do thing better with the modified roms... the thing is most of them are not as stable as you really want... but even the stock rom can become unstable

I tested the Energy Rom, the Mighty Rom, and now the Psk4 Rom,, and so far i am liking the psk4 because it has the functionality i am looking for, and the battery works better...

when you are looking for a rom, between fast and realiable, i preffer the reliable one for a reason... after all is a phone and i need it any time i have an emergency .

I learned on all the time, if you want speed, you need to spend energy on it.. that means the battery last less and you have to charge it more often... i preffer that my rom runs a little bit faster... but not as fast as it overheat.... constant overheating can cause other problems, like, the one mentioned about the screen laminate going wrong and colors get disorted.

so far i am very happy with the psk4 rom, is reliable, and also has less bugs... the only thing I would like on that rom, is a "Colorful" taskbar.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia 910
Carrier: Verizon

jazaddict is just getting started

Maybe its my imagination, but Blazing Wolf's MS3 is pretty zippy....prolly cuz, like Kronn, I"m gettin better functionality.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions