PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 12:06 PM
n3kvp

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Best WM phone??

I want a new WM phone, I now have the Palm 800w, due to my large family, I have 5 phones between both Verizon, and Sprint accounts to choose from, or I could activate a compatible 3rd party phone with either one.

My main question is, what is the best, most feature filled, geeked out, large VGA or better screen, WM phone out there right now, or soon to be released? I really like the wifi ability on my Treo 800w and would like to see that on a faster processor / more memory phone.

thanks for any & all input...=D>
Old 08-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler
Re: Best WM phone??

Touch Pro, (already out, [about to reach EoL]), or the Touch Pro 2, (to be released soon). If you don't want a physical keyboard, then the Diamond/Diamond 2.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 08-29-2009, 02:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you don't need a keyboard, the Diamond is the way to go. Or maybe wait and see if the Diamond2 is coming to Sprint.
Verizon cripples alot of their devices, so you may want to activate your new WM purchase on the Sprint network.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 08-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

verizon isnt crippling them anymore, the tp2 isnt omnia 2 isnt. If you dont need a keyboard get the omnia 2 for sure, everything is better than the touch pro2, the touch pro 2 is the tp with a bigger screen slapped on it. honestly, the best verizon device, in terms of specs is the Omnia II, plus it actually handles video playback 2d/3d rendering very well. Unlike the tp2 and the white stone, thanks to HTC and qualcomm. If you dont need a keyboard, which i dont think is necessary, the Omnia 2 is a great device, bigger screen than the tp2[3.7in compared to 3.7] , better processor Samsung S3C6410 667MHz processor, dedicated graphics accelerator [unlike htc phones], 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, Dual Power LED flash, HD video recording 720x480@30fps, 5mp camera, 3.5mm headphone jack, 8/16gb built in storage, plus microsd card slot for up to an aditional 32gb, 256 ram, AMOLED screen. http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i800...review-388.php check out this review
Old 08-30-2009, 09:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

going to slightly agree but also add kitchens for the phones and custom roms may take a bit on the omnia 2 and may be supplied by modaco forums I'm sure but it takes time...

that's why I switched to htc I can do what i want through a rom and a bit of learning...but there are a lot of weaknesses with htc in 2d/3d rendering all things considered...
Old 08-30-2009, 06:07 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

At least for this round of phones you can forget all about the Verizon comment. Doesnt mean it wont happen in the future, but the phones currently coming out from Verizon are fully spec'd. The big 3 that are just around the corner now are the TouchPro2, Diamond2 (Whitestone), and the Omnia2. All 3 phones will be available from Verizon, Sprint will only be releasing the TouchPro2 initially and possibly the Diamond2 later but not the Omnia2. If you get any of these 3 you'll be getting a top notch phone. My preferrence is the Omnia 2, faster processor, better screen, better video playback with better 2D and 3D rendering, records video in HD, and has an LED flash for the camera. Like Noir stated, the HTC devices have a larger community of developers, so thats a positive for the HTC phones. Fortunately the Omnia2 shares the same screen resolution with the TouchPro2 and Whitestone this time, so most of the apps developed for them will work equally well on the Omnia2.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 08-30-2009 at 06:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions