PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Sprint

Brad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wmodem on new phones?

Im getting ready to retire my trusty 6700. Honestly, the only thing that has kept me hanging onto this thing was WModem. I loved attaching it to my laptop and being able to get on the internet. Been using PPCkitchen for the past two years and its definitely kept the 6700 alive for me.

My question is, can anyone recommend a newer Sprint Windows mobile phone that runs WModem or its equivalent? If it runs Windows Mobile it'll probably work, but just making sure theres not a few newer models out there that have had the #777 (Wmodem) functionality blocked.

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2009, 07:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wmodem on new phones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Im getting ready to retire my trusty 6700. Honestly, the only thing that has kept me hanging onto this thing was WModem. I loved attaching it to my laptop and being able to get on the internet. Been using PPCkitchen for the past two years and its definitely kept the 6700 alive for me.

My question is, can anyone recommend a newer Sprint Windows mobile phone that runs WModem or its equivalent? If it runs Windows Mobile it'll probably work, but just making sure theres not a few newer models out there that have had the #777 (Wmodem) functionality blocked.

Thanks!
If I understand you correctly, I thought most WM devices use #777
My Diamond does. But I also use WMWiFiRouter.
There is an Internet Sharing cab that is
floating around here which enables you to tether. The connection will say "Sprint" instead of "Phone as Modem."
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions