PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

kornmaniac is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
kinda new to ppc

i have been considering flashing my phone i have the current one from samsung already dl not flashed just kinda scared to make a brick i was wondering suggestions and i you guys knew were opera stored the bookmarks oh its an omnia i910 i have alot of pc experience and have been getting used to ppc for a while (since January)

Last edited by kornmaniac; 08-30-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:33 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: kinda new to ppc

The best suggestion that I can give you is read everything you can in the Omnia Forums and even some of the general info about flashing before you do anything. I would read up on unlocking first and after that it's just about flashin!
Old 08-30-2009, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero
Threadstarter

kornmaniac is a n00b

i have been reading so far doesnt sound to bad unless something unplug or loses power is there any specifc roms you would suggest

and could someone tell me where opera stores bookmarks
Old 08-30-2009, 12:51 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I'm not sure where opera stores bookmarks. Maybe use file explorer and go to Program Files and check in the Opera Folder and see if you can find and recognize the file names of the bookmarks you are looking for.
I have heard good things about Adrenalyn's roms for the Omnia. Check out his rom thread anyway cause I think there is a lot of good info in there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:41 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Bookmarks are in the opera6.adr which is in the opera folder.

Last edited by w7excursion; 08-30-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Don't forget to back up your device to internal storage or to your memory card. I don't know which one the Omnia has.
You can get Spb Back up and back up all files on your device or just the ones you want to back up, to your pc and/or internal storage or memory card.
Spb Back up is $19.95 but you can try it out first with with the free 14 day trial period.
Here's the link >
http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 08-30-2009 at 03:46 AM. Reason: update content

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions