PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6800
Carrier: verizon

buck95 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Verizon pre Nov 2008 WinMO phone

I refuse to play the additional $720 verizon will require for a data plan on a new window mobile phone. Was thinking I should get a backup for my xv6800 in case anything happen to it. Any suggestions on the best pre Nov 2008 phone (thus doesn't require a data plan).

Last edited by buck95; 08-24-2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-24-2009, 09:19 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Re: Best Verizon pre Nov 2008 WinMO phone

Either way it would not be to back up your 6800 and back up regularly. It looks like all the major carriers are going this route and requiring users to switch to a data plan with PDA devices. If you don't want to pay for it, it would be good time to switch carriers if that's what you would like to do. But do keep in mind Sprint already is requiring data plans with certain devices and ATT and Verzon are following. Good luck.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:44 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

saga and xv6900.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

the XV6900 requires a data plan at least by VZW it does
Old 08-27-2009, 08:41 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

No it doesn't. They tell you that to make money. I know for a fact you can activate a xv6900, xv6800, and saga without a data plan. You just have to tell them to check there computer again because data isn't required.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:43 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

I hate VZW.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:45 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

$720, whered that number come from??

even at 20bucks a month thats only 240...over 2 yrs thats 480...

is VZWs data really 30 a month?? thatd be 720 over 2 yrs...u need to get rid of VZW is ur problem, not which old phone you should get...

you should be with a carrier that excites you about getting a new phone, not one that makes u fear it... for a national Cariier, Sprints the best... good rate plans, best 3g out there, and their easiest to deal with-though we all have our horror stories
Old 08-30-2009, 09:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I use the 29.99 data plana nd couldn't be more satisfied. they tried to get me a data plan on even my samsung i730, but you have very few options if you want to get out of paying data plan (well legally)
the xv6800 is a good device as is the xv6900, I'm unsure if the saga requires data but the i760 does not
hope that helps
Old 08-30-2009, 06:27 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Which provider is best is pretty subjective. Verizon actually has better coverage than Sprint, (http://coverage.sprintpcs.com/IMPACT.jsp / http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/C...atorController) It's gonna depend on your location in most instances, Sprint totally sucks in my area and I get around 3mb download speeds in my area with Verizon. Verizon does cost more, but I'm willing to pay for the better service.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 08-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I think you know what I'll say. You def should come to Sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions