PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Vogue
Carrier: sprint

ahbroody is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phones with video out like the touch pro

Well I am in the market for a new phone after 2 years with my touch and the feature I am most looking for is the video out feature of the touch pro. I have heard good and bad about the pro so I was attempting to determine if I had any other options for a phone that will play video out like the touch pro does. Everything I have seen on youtube and read implies it displays whats on the screen. With three small kids this seems ideal for car and slingbox or trips.

Is the touchpro the only phone on the market that has this feature?
I searched video out on the forum but only found touch pro threads.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:53 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Re: Phones with video out like the touch pro

i believe the TP2 has this, and also the iphone. its up to you what phone of those 2 u wanna use lol.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ahbroody is a n00b

Uggghhh I was hoping to avoid the Iphone at all cost.
I doubt I will be able to keep my sero plan if I get the touch pro 2. I know when I looked at the palm pre the first thing they said was that I would have to change my plan. I turned around and walked out of the store. I was hoping to buy a touch pro of CL and just do an esn change.

Also I wasnt sure the iphone would stream live tv out. I know it will do videos out, but the live tv out feature was what most intrigued me about the touch pro. This is such a great feature I am suprised no one else has done this. Not just for multimedia, but for business as well.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Touchpro works great for video out for slingbox or orb I use it all the time in the car and at school where I don't have cable the tp2 has it too and afaik you should be good for sero I believe most winmo phones are straight although it is a little too early to tell, the tp has its issues but its still the best phone I have used/had, plus custom roms really help out.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ahbroody is a n00b

I have a tough time believing they will let me renew with my 45.00 a month plan and get a touch pro. They are trying to get rid of these contracts I heard. I get a lot for that price which is why I cant see them giving me a phone credit on that plan.

Wonder if anyone has upgraded to a touch pro on the sero plan?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions