PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 10:16 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to yearn
Whats AMOLED??

Iv been considering getting the new Omnia 2(i8000) and I seen it has a AMOLED display. I have no idea what that is but all the reviews make a big deal about it. I googled it but didnt understand what it ment either.
So do any of you know what it is?

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 08-21-2009, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 (HTC Leo)
Carrier: T-Mobile

TRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TRUELIGHT Send a message via MSN to TRUELIGHT Send a message via Yahoo to TRUELIGHT
Re: Whats AMOLED??

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
Iv been considering getting the new Omnia 2(i8000) and I seen it has a AMOLED display.
I have no idea what that is but all the reviews make a big deal about it. I googled it but didnt understand what it ment either.
So do any of you know what it is?
AMOLED is the acronym for active-matrix organic light-emitting diode, an emerging display technology for use in mobile devices
like mobile phones. OLED describes a specific type of ultra thin, ultra bright display technology
Active-matrix OLED displays provide the same video-rate performance as their passive-matrix OLED counterparts,
but they consume significantly less power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMOLED
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:31 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
AMOLED is the acronym for active-matrix organic light-emitting diode, an emerging display technology for use in mobile devices
like mobile phones. OLED describes a specific type of ultra thin, ultra bright display technology
Active-matrix OLED displays provide the same video-rate performance as their passive-matrix OLED counterparts,
but they consume significantly less power.
+1...

Last edited by JAVIERBOND007; 08-22-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:42 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Threadstarter

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community

I read that on wiki, so is it like the super smooth shiney looking screen like most new laptops have??
Iv read the definition but still cant picture what its gonna look like.
Do any other devices have it?
Sounds like its gonna improve battery life alot?
are there any drawbacks?
Old 08-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

Here is an article that might help you understand a little more about AMOLED, but yes, it will be less battery consumption and looks sleeker. It is like comparing LCD TV and the newer LED TV.

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2

KillerRW is keeping up the good workKillerRW is keeping up the good work

the samsung impression has an amoled screen from at&T

If I have helped you Press THANKS!!!!!
get my rep up
Old 08-21-2009, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2

KillerRW is keeping up the good workKillerRW is keeping up the good work

amo-led
Old 08-21-2009, 04:47 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Threadstarter

have you messed with one any? iv read they are really hard to see outside in the sun

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions