PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2007, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Stingray is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need your advice with which phone to get.... :)

Guys,
I need your honest opinion.....
2 weeks ago I bought a PPC-6700 (Sprint website) and signed a 2 year contract with Sprint.... I love the PPC-6700 and do a TON of tethering with it.... However someone told me that they just came out with the Palm Treo 700wx (Multimedia Phone). The ROM on my PPC-6700 is from early 2006....

I still have 15 days to exchange my PPC-6700 for the Treo....
Should I do it????? I used to have a Treo 650 and I had TONS of issues with the Screen.... the darn screen buttons would never push.... and I couldn't make phone calls.... BUT the same guy told me that they fixed a lot of issue with the Treo 700 and I should have bought that.... the price is almost the same.... Should I exchange it????
Is Treo good for tethering?
What do you guys think?
Gracias....
Old 01-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
nah, keep the 6700, almost all programs out there are for it and wont work on the 700wx. i have my 6700 and love it. everyday i find something new i can do to it.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:58 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I have had both the 6700 and the 700wx, when I got my 700wx I kept my 6700 around for testing. After 90 days with my Treo I am going back to the 6700. IMHO the 6700 is the powerhouse PPC of those available from Sprint. When I was using the 700wx the things I missed most from my 6700 was, WIFI, real bluetooth where I can use MSVC, music over bluetooth, flexibility of the OS, ease of qwerty keyboard use, and size of the display. The things I will miss most from the 700wx battery life, and some if the OEM programming. Just so you know I kept my 6700 but I am going to get rid of my 700wx. The 700wx is a very good smart phone but if you are looking for flexibility, expansiveness, and a all around PPC go with the 6700. Of course this is IMHO.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch pro

wingzero is a n00b
Stick with the 6700. I was in the same boat as you before I choose the 6700 and I am glad that I picked the 6700. And with the AKU 3.3, this baby is much much better than the treo.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Apaches are 1337 :P stick with it

Old 01-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger
1337 is right fellow ppcmate

haven't you heard? corporations are the new government. They're constitutionally-exempt.

92% of teens have moved onto WoW. if you are part of the 8% that still play REAL games, copy n paste

Old 01-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mofotrucker is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to mofotrucker Send a message via Yahoo to mofotrucker
ppc 6700 im going back to it after Q its not a bad device(the q)but i miss my ppc especially with the aku 3.3 im loving it

Trying to get a job as Technical Consultant, Service and Repair at a Sprint store in El Paso, Tx Wish me luck
Old 02-01-2007, 02:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Eden is a n00b
I love my PPC-6700

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions