PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   how do i install cab files on touchpro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79040)

ucpro 08-12-2009 06:41 AM

how do i install cab files on touchpro

i'm an extreme noob, but i have my cdma touch pro with mightyrom on it. everytime i download a program ti ny computer, they all end up as a .xml with a bunch of extra files below it, and i extract it to the tp. when i click on the xml file on the tp it takes me to a blank page on the innternet, what am i doin wrong. i thought i was only supposed to see one file from the tutorials i looked @

bikeandestroyx 08-12-2009 06:44 AM

Re: how do i install cab files on touchpro

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucpro (Post 1096236)
i'm an extreme noob, but i have my cdma touch pro with mightyrom on it. everytime i download a program ti ny computer, they all end up as a .xml with a bunch of extra files below it, and i extract it to the tp. when i click on the xml file on the tp it takes me to a blank page on the innternet, what am i doin wrong. i thought i was only supposed to see one file from the tutorials i looked @

do not extract cab files, just copy the cab file to your storage card or internal memory, open up file explorer on your TP, locate the cab, tap on it and it should install. I recommend you install 95% of cabs to your internal storage BTW.

ucpro 08-12-2009 09:46 AM

thats the thing when i download the filess theyre
already extracted to a bunch of diffferent file. i tried downloading a
i trieed downloading a theme from here and it did
the same thing

Geekcop 08-12-2009 10:17 AM

When you d/l the .cab, make sure you're selecting "save," and not "open" when asked by the dialog box. That's about the only thing I can think of.

BenC 08-12-2009 04:25 PM

The majority of applications may be installed to the card. The routine I follow involves the creation of a folder on the card to store CAB files in. The name I use is \CAB files. CAB files are routinely downloaded and/or moved to that folder and installed from there. Most of them are capable of running from the card, some though insist upon running from main memory.

Dr.8820 08-12-2009 04:28 PM

are you sure you're not d/ling zip files? usually you just tap a cab file and choose where you want to store it.

ucpro 08-12-2009 05:42 PM

whathappened was i did end up opening them with winrar thus all those extra files. some are zips but i can still install from zip somehow. some programs dont show up after i install them though

Geekcop 08-12-2009 05:49 PM

Do you do a soft reset after the install? If not, you you'll need to do that

ucpro 08-12-2009 07:32 PM

i did after i saw that it wasnt there

ucpro 08-12-2009 10:25 PM

sweet it works now, now if only I could get the gps working lol