PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

mobius7107 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WinMo OS on Android

so everyone worked on porting android onto win mo and soon there will be a flashable rom
But I would love to take advantage of a 1ghz processor and seeing how sprint wont get the HD2 anytime soon. my only hopes is to have the EVO and put the windows OS on it
Call the Gas & Electric Co and ask for a free month, Try the Water Co ask if they give you a % off for working at Walmart., At Chevron tell them that you have been a long time customer and want some free gas and will need Ready Now Service too.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

+1
Old 04-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: WinMo OS on Android

+1,000,000 though I think copyright issues will prevent this.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

This topic comes up often, but I'm afraid it will never happen, just like porting iPhone OS to other devices. The reason we can port Android is the fact that it is open source and there's no copyright infringement. You can see that microsoft is actually headed in the opposite direction with winpho7 (closing off so many things, can't change the UI, can't do this or that) so I'm pretty sure they will crush anyone who tries it.

Plus the fact that winmo 6.5 is on probably on the way out so by the time the porting project was done it would be obsolete.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:08 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
You can see that microsoft is actually headed in the opposite direction with winpho7 (closing off so many things, can't change the UI, can't do this or that) so I'm pretty sure they will crush anyone who tries it.
wut? if that's the case then .... goodbye WinMo, hello Android
Old 05-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
This topic comes up often, but I'm afraid it will never happen, just like porting iPhone OS to other devices. The reason we can port Android is the fact that it is open source and there's no copyright infringement. You can see that microsoft is actually headed in the opposite direction with winpho7 (closing off so many things, can't change the UI, can't do this or that) so I'm pretty sure they will crush anyone who tries it.

Plus the fact that winmo 6.5 is on probably on the way out so by the time the porting project was done it would be obsolete.

yeah first thing i thought would stop this from happening. I have been playing with Ubuntu 10.4, 25mins after uploading on site i had it on my comp. Not win mo but change is coming. You can run it but Its painfull to look at

Sadly I do not have the knowledge required at the moment but Id ask anyone who is up to making a Ubuntu rom to please do Lets get that thread going
Old 05-05-2010, 02:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pooplogs
Carrier: and pretzels

acslam is just getting started

+1 on this too. I have a touch pro, that basically needs a digitizer. My options are to tear it apart to fix it, or "upgrade" to touch pro 2, omnia II, or the incredible.

Touch pro 2 has slow processor and NO FLASH??

Omnia 2 has no keyboard, though looks nice.

And the incredible has ANDROID. BLAGH!!!

The one phone with the guts needed to run windows mobile properly, and there's no hope or even rumors in sight of verizon getting anything like it.

I really would love to see one windows mobile 6.5 phone running on a 1ghz snapdragon. Android might not look so good if you could put them back to back on equal hardware.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by acslam View Post
+1 on this too. I have a touch pro, that basically needs a digitizer. My options are to tear it apart to fix it, or "upgrade" to touch pro 2, omnia II, or the incredible.

Touch pro 2 has slow processor and NO FLASH??

Omnia 2 has no keyboard, though looks nice.

And the incredible has ANDROID. BLAGH!!!

The one phone with the guts needed to run windows mobile properly, and there's no hope or even rumors in sight of verizon getting anything like it.

I really would love to see one windows mobile 6.5 phone running on a 1ghz snapdragon. Android might not look so good if you could put them back to back on equal hardware.

I've played with a nexus one and an HD2 and while winmo does run a lot sexier on a 4.3" 1ghz snap, pound for pound I think the Nexus outperforms.

I do think it's sad that they abandoned making anymore winmo phones till 7 comes out with that ugly metro UI, I'd like to see some more 6.x phones with snapdragons too.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:50 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius7107 View Post
so everyone worked on porting android onto win mo and soon there will be a flashable rom
But I would love to take advantage of a 1ghz processor and seeing how sprint wont get the HD2 anytime soon. my only hopes is to have the EVO and put the windows OS on it
Do you mean windows OS as windows mobile or full windows?

windows mobile would be illegal to do...as for windows you can do as long as you got a license...there is a sub par port of win95 for example.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-08-2010, 05:23 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

**acslam im stuck with sprint if your not, have you looked into the xperia x2