PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Switch Sprint Touch Diamond/Touchpro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78659)

cerchiarax 08-09-2009 09:40 PM

Switch Sprint Touch Diamond/Touchpro

Hi Guys,

I own the Sprint touch pro and my girl owns the sprint diamond. I was wondering how hard would it be to switch phones with each other. I know you can drop your phone from the sprint website and add a old phone i.e mogul. Of course in that example it works since the mogul was my old phone. So I'm wondering if the same logic applies if me and my girl switches phones through the website.

Ok the reason for this madness is I'm planning to get the touch pro 2 but my 2 year contract isn't up. But hers is and she will be getting the 150 dollars off deal. Since she isn't looking for a new phone. I pretty much convinced her to get the phone and then just deactivate and give me the touch pro 2.

Note: We both have SERO.

cerchiarax 08-10-2009 10:19 AM

Re: Switch Sprint Touch Diamond/Touchpro

bump.

basilray 08-10-2009 10:43 AM

It shouldn't be too hard. I picked up a Diamond for fun a week ago. Added it online w/o issue and everything was service (voice and data) were both running in less than 5 minutes.

Go to Sprint.com and sign-in. On your My Sprint page that shows your phones, click the link for Activate a New Phone. It will ask for the ESN you want to switch to...and BAM! Done and Done.

Some 3rd party retailers might even sell her the phone but add it to your line. I had a friend who wanted the Pre and went to Best Buy. They sold the phone to his father's phone line on the same account, but activated it to my buddy's line right away. So that may be an option as well.

Atomic2Mod 08-10-2009 11:01 AM

I think you'll have to wait 30 days before you can switch to receive your discounts. Then you can just do it online

psykotik312 08-10-2009 11:59 AM

Just have her order the phone. It will arrive un-activated. Then you just log in to your account and activate the phone with your account. Just because she orders it doesn't mean she has to use it. That way you don't have to change anything or worry about discounts or whatever. Then once you have your new phone activated, she can keep the one she has or activate your old phone on her account.

cerchiarax 08-10-2009 02:50 PM

Thanks everyone this is all good information and makes complete sense. If something better doesn't come out in November when my girls 2 year contract expires ill be getting the touch pro 2 :)

Note: Now if I can get the same guy at bestbuy who was able to get my sero plan from mogul to touchpro. I will be smooth sailing when I move the plan to touchpro 2.