PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Ranchosteve is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Ranchosteve
Any easy/quck way to make a playlist in windows media player? Or specife what folder

I like using the default player but it seems to scan all audio on my Sd card for Audio. I would like for it just to search in the music folder, is this possible?

Or If there was an easy way to make a play list of the files just inside the music folder. I have look around but I haven't found any solution. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

eksasol is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Any easy/quck way to make a playlist in windows media player? Or specife what fol

I don't use WMP, but CorePlayer is capable of saving playlist. When you open files with CorePlayer, there is a check next to each individual songs or folder, similar to how iTunes have the checks next to each song. After clicking okay, then you can save them as a playlist. It allow to add more songs or folder to the playlist as well.

As for preventing update from SD card automatically. If you go to "Menu -> Tools -> Settings -> Media Library", it let you disable library scan at start up. Also to disable or only prompt for update from the SD card.

The software cost a bit though.

You can also use "TCPMP", which is the older free version of CorePlayer. Video playback is not very good and the interface is not as nice, but music playback is smooth and it can do similar things I mentioned above. Here's the link for it: http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/

Last edited by eksasol; 12-03-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Any easy/quck way to make a playlist in windows media player? Or specife what fol

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksasol View Post
...CorePlayer...cost a bit though...
Yeah, like $30! Awfully steep, but very powerful player with tons of modifications possible for those who can write code. Trouble is, there's no trial version, and not much of a support site. I've gone instead with Pocket Player, which has a 1 month free trial, $20 after that. Here's how you can control it's library, notice you can specify what folder(s) to scan:

Another player I use for my ever changing current fave tunes is PocketMusic, because of how easy it is to create, edit, and save playlists. You can do so perfectly well without wasting any time on PM's library at all, very fast. So this is one you, Ranchosteve, might want to consider, especially if you have ever used WinAmp. PM is like a pocket edition of Winamp. There's a very full featured version available for free, here:

http://www.pocketmind.com/pocketmusic.htm

Hope this helps, MrG

Last edited by MrGoodtunes; 12-03-2009 at 09:27 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions