PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Video Media Player (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75417)

ilyabyk83 07-20-2009 02:55 PM

Video Media Player

Hi all. I have two little questions. Couple of weeks ago, I used a **free** player on my phone (HTC P4351). "The Core Pocket Media Player (TCPMP 0.72RC1)". I did not have any on it yet so I didn't know about it until I faced the problem. The problem is - it plays only *.avi format files, and DOESN’T PLAY ANY OTHER FORMATS. I want a **free** player like this (or if there is a way to fix my problems with it), but for it to play all of the files. I'm right-handed, so when I play the video FULL-SCREEN, the navigational buttons are on the same side where I hold the phone. On this TCPMP you can switch this future around. (very useful feature) (I would like to have this!).

Another little problem: some of those *.avi files, when I open them, I get "Player: Audio codec (Windows Media Audio) not supported by the player!". So I can't really view them.

P.S. In "File Associations" I have EVERYTHING checked.

Thank You ALL For Your Help.

Im_Gumby 07-20-2009 03:19 PM

Re: Video Media Player

Try using the Google with the key words: "TCPMP" and "PLUGIN"... just a thought.

ilyabyk83 07-20-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Im_Gumby (Post 1047461)
Try using the Google with the key words: "TCPMP" and "PLUGIN"... just a thought.

I don't want this player though. Do you think there are others with the same features/options??

Im_Gumby 07-21-2009 07:55 AM

Kinoma player is also pretty good.

ilyabyk83 07-21-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Im_Gumby (Post 1048884)

Hi. Thank You. Does this player have ALL of the features TCP/MP did? Can I adjust "fast forward speed/time"? Is this a FREE player?? Can it handel most of the files?? Can you change the oeriantation in the full-screen mode??

Charles@Kinoma 07-21-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilyabyk83 (Post 1049098)
Does this player have ALL of the features TCP/MP did?

No, it's a much different product that has a few hundred of features that TCPMP doesn't.

TCPMP is a simple, old-fashioned media player with good format support. Kinoma Play is a "social media browser" -- like a media center for your phone, with direct support for services from Audible to Twitter to YouTube and lots of interesting stuff in between.

Quote:

Can I adjust "fast forward speed/time"?

Sorry, can you be more specific?

Quote:

Is this a FREE player??

Kinoma FreePlay is free (see link below). Kinoma Play is $29.99, or free if you purchase using TrialPay. We also occasionally tweet coupon codes.

-- Charles Wiltgen

ilyabyk83 07-21-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma (Post 1049213)
No, it's a much different product that has a few hundred of features that TCPMP doesn't.

TCPMP is a simple, old-fashioned media player with good format support. Kinoma Play is a "social media browser" -- like a media center for your phone, with direct support for services from Audible to Twitter to YouTube and lots of interesting stuff in between.

Sorry, can you be more specific?

Kinoma FreePlay is free (see link below). Kinoma Play is $29.99, or free if you purchase using TrialPay. We also occasionally tweet coupon codes.

-- Charles Wiltgen

Thank You!! I don't see a lnk.

jmorton10 07-21-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Im_Gumby (Post 1048884)

Not for video, KP blows for most playback.

I have probably 8 full length movie rips on my card saved as h.264 files.

The h.264 files play PERFECTLY in WMP (& in my ipod touch), they are unwatchable with Kinoma (& I have the paid version unfortunately)

~John

ilyabyk83 07-21-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1049283)
Not for video, KP blows for most playback.

I have probably 8 full length movie rips on my card saved as h.264 files.

The h.264 files play PERFECTLY in WMP (& in my ipod touch), they are unwatchable with Kinoma (& I have the paid version unfortunately)

~John

Hi. So what is YOUR suggestion??

jmorton10 07-21-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilyabyk83 (Post 1050666)
Hi. So what is YOUR suggestion??

The problem with the TP is, the only two programs that give hardware accelerated video playback are Windows Media Player (WMP) & HTC Album.

I hate both these programs, but I use WMP with the resume plug-in & the SPB Black skin because it provides perfect playback of an h.264 rip & NOTHING else (including CorePlayer) does.

~John