PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you interface GV with your mobile device?
Google App (for BB/Android etc..) 14 6.80%
Google Website 29 14.08%
Call Google 13 6.31%
MagiCall 37 17.96%
GV Dialer 19 9.22%
Calling Card by Handango 5 2.43%
iDialer 47 22.82%
One Dialer 16 7.77%
gVo dialer 20 9.71%
GoVoMo 6 2.91%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext
Thumbs up Re: Google Voice Incoming/Outgoing Options!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
Method Number 1: (Paid) Get MagiCall HERE!. Install and start program. Copy the attached file to /device/my documents overwriting MG2RULE. Reopen the program GUI. It will ask if you want to load the new rules. Click Yes. Modify the rule called Google Voice with your info. (your phone number, leave the commas and then your pin. Leave the rest alone).
Set up whatever rules you want and enjoy free outgoing calls.

Magicall seems to be the best solution, i'v tryed all the others. and i even payed for gvdailer.. and now i regret doing it because.. magicall is better at doing the same thing... I'll admit its not as easy to set up as GVdailer but it does a better job once it is. anyway... thats not why im writing in this thread.

I actually wanted to know if there is a way to configure magicall to allow my "REAL" number to go to my sprint voice mail when dialed? after its setup for google voice...you know without having to disable it temporarily. thanx in advanced for any suggestions...

Im setting this up for my uncle's and best friends phone tonight lol

Last edited by gxnext; 08-03-2009 at 05:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Re: Google Voice Incoming/Outgoing Options!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnext View Post

Magicall seems to be the best solution, i'v tryed all the others. and i even payed for gvdailer.. and now i regret doing it because.. magicall is better at doing the same thing... I'll admit its not as easy to set up as GVdailer but it does a better job once it is. anyway... thats not why im writing in this thread.

I actually wanted to know if there is a way to configure magicall to allow my "REAL" number to go to my sprint voice mail when dialed? after its setup for google voice...you know without having to disable it temporarily. thanx in advanced for any suggestions...

Im setting this up for my uncle's and best friends phone tonight lol
yep - just add a rule b4 the "dial outgoing thru gv" rule that says if dialing voicemail (your real cell number) don't dial thru g-mail. A copy of the *2 rule except replace *2 with your cell number.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
yep - just add a rule b4 the "dial outgoing thru gv" rule that says if dialing voicemail (your real cell number) don't dial thru g-mail. A copy of the *2 rule except replace *2 with your cell number.
That did the trick, thank you so much! this is so much better than gvdailer i hope gvdailer throws in some visual voicemail or some other features... or something to make there's more worthwhile because im really regretting buying it now lol
Old 08-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
That did the trick, thank you so much! this is so much better than gvdailer i hope gvdailer throws in some visual voicemail or some other features... or something to make there's more worthwhile because im really regretting buying it now lol
this is why i posted it. after so much work - i figured i could save others with a great solution...
Old 08-06-2009, 11:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Onedialer is not so great of an option only because the contact search is amazingly slow and you cannot skip around. If you want to call someone at the end of your contacts (zeek for example), you would have to painfully scroll all the way down (you cannot begin typing their name).

idialer + icontact works great together and will be my choice until Google officially comes out with their own app.

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 08-08-2009, 06:20 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
why do u need a dialer for visual vm, isnt that a standard feature in GV???

heres my take on GV... i finaly got to de-clone my phones, had it ths way so all 3 rang...yaaay... i turned off the option where they have to announce their names and didnt load my cntacts into anything, and the caller id works just fine as is...

i guess i see why youd want a dialer to make calls, since lets face it, we have cells, were pretty used to not knowing the numbers by heart anymore, and it sucked when i tried it and it prompted me to manully input the number...

all in all, it does what i needed it to do- 3 phones on one number.. but i have a feeling, especially if APPLE gets to refuse the app for good, that GV will cause alot of issues for carriers.. ATT didnt want it for just this reason, people will use it for free incoming and outgoing calls and drop their cell plans as low as possible.. i see GV getting out of hand quickly
Old 08-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Solange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSolange82200 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hi guys, can you tell me how Magicall works better? Im using the trial version of GVDialer, and although it works well, it seems like a long tedious process everytime you make a call (having it dial the number, end the call, and start up gvdialer. I guess its not that big of a deal, but it seems almost like too much hassle to go through just to get a different number to show up on another person's caller id....
Old 08-10-2009, 03:05 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solange82200 View Post
Hi guys, can you tell me how Magicall works better? Im using the trial version of GVDialer, and although it works well, it seems like a long tedious process everytime you make a call (having it dial the number, end the call, and start up gvdialer. I guess its not that big of a deal, but it seems almost like too much hassle to go through just to get a different number to show up on another person's caller id....
Well first off gv does alot more then just change ur caller id. You can ring multiple phones with it and even make free call from ur cell phone. All it does is automate the prosses of dialing gv and enter pin and push 2 and then phone number to call. All u have to do after setting it all up is dial oike normal and it automaiclly does all your work for you. It wont freeze ur phone or slow down scrooling or break smart dialing. Give it a whirl!
Old 08-10-2009, 03:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have had Magicall for a couple of months and it is a great application.
Have emailed Song a few times at the beginning regarding troubleshooting and setting up a new registry name and value.
Really nice support.
I have pick 3 with Sprint and I am alittle confused if I should set up Magicall for outgoing as I can just set up a speed dial.
Does your cab allow any call I dial to be outdialed thru my GV number automatically?
Thanks
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 08-10-2009 at 04:14 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

my ".cab" is not a cab - just a rules. You have to get MagiCall on ur own.
and it automates calling Gv, entering pin, pressing 2, and dialing your outgoing number so all u have to do is dial as normal and it gets routed through GV!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Tags
calling google voice, google voice, gv, incoming, outgoing