PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you interface GV with your mobile device?
Google App (for BB/Android etc..) 14 6.80%
Google Website 29 14.08%
Call Google 13 6.31%
MagiCall 37 17.96%
GV Dialer 19 9.22%
Calling Card by Handango 5 2.43%
iDialer 47 22.82%
One Dialer 16 7.77%
gVo dialer 20 9.71%
GoVoMo 6 2.91%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Voice Incoming/Outgoing Options!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigwashere View Post
I started with iDialer + iContacts + Greenbutton. My initial attempts to install and configure them failed, but the developer was immediately responsive (like w/in an hour) and gave me some direction. I quickly figured out what I was doing wrong and used the combo for about 10 days. It worked extremely well, but not flawlessly. I wanted to try something different, something that didn't have it's own interface, and I also wanted to try voice dialing (which I still haven't done, but soon).

I decided to give MagiCALL a shot. Rather than pay the $25 purchase price, I went through TrialPay (I'm trying out Netflix) and got my registration code w/in 24 hours. With a little futzing around, I got it up and running. It's an awesome app and has been perfect in the week that I've had it. I haven't gotten into some of the more in depth features of MagiCALL, but so far I haven't needed to.

iDialer, et al, is a great combination with awesome developer support. I really hope that people who use these apps make a generous donation to the developer. If I ever go back (in fact, I'm considering using iDialer with MagiCALL), I'd be willing to give $20 or so. Being able to use GV as your primary number as seamlessly as these apps do make it well worth whatever money you invest.

Thanks to the OP for the great links and instructions, by the way. I have to admit I haven't read through the entire thread, but at this point, I don't think I need to. I seem to have everything I need.
Thank you for the positive feedback. I am glad to know that someone benefited from all the work I poured in.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:22 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I did not see GoVoMo listed on post one.
It is also free and works great for me.
I prefer it over idialer.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2: Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux
I did not see GoVoMo listed on post one.
It is also free and works great for me.
I prefer it over idialer.
I think I listed it in the second post...
Old 01-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Dinomon1 is becoming a great contributor

Can I install magicall and GV to make international calls for free? Any hack for international calls? Thanks!!
Old 01-26-2010, 02:49 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2: Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

I think I listed it in the second post...
Did a thread search but did not find GoVoMo keyword any where but my post about it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584419

It is a great free app.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:59 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Did a thread search but did not find GoVoMo keyword any where but my post about it.

It is a great free app.
Tis true indeeeed.. yet another application, different than post #2

"Method Number 7: gVo - FREE
HERE"

Please add to first post! thanks
Old 01-27-2010, 02:27 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post

It is a great free app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Tis true indeeeed.. yet another application, different than post #2

"Method Number 7: gVo - FREE
HERE"

Please add to first post! thanks

Thanked and Listed.

P.S. (if you want teradog, I can un-thank your post since you say you want bad rep??!?!?!

Last edited by MordyT; 01-27-2010 at 02:29 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:40 AM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordyt View Post
thanked and listed.

P.s. (if you want teradog, i can un-thank your post since you say you want bad rep??!?!?!
lmao
Old 01-27-2010, 10:45 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
Thanked and Listed.

P.S. (if you want teradog, I can un-thank your post since you say you want bad rep??!?!?!

LOL!!!!!
Just for that, you get a thanks back for noticing & the humor!
i just got a tad tired of thanks beggers... although i may have even done it myself once!

thanks for documenting all of this, ive done a few long ones myself... takes time...
Old 01-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

hzha is a n00b

We have 4 options when receiving a GV incoming call. we have to select 1 on keypad to take the call. Sometimes if I am slow to push the 1, I will miss the call. Is there any way to set the default option to 1 when we receiving a GV call, so we don't have to make the selection?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Tags
calling google voice, google voice, gv, incoming, outgoing