PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you interface GV with your mobile device?
Google App (for BB/Android etc..) 14 6.80%
Google Website 29 14.08%
Call Google 13 6.31%
MagiCall 37 17.96%
GV Dialer 19 9.22%
Calling Card by Handango 5 2.43%
iDialer 47 22.82%
One Dialer 16 7.77%
gVo dialer 20 9.71%
GoVoMo 6 2.91%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 08:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro and Google Voice using MagiCall = FREE CALLS

You mentioned a google voice pin in the first post, how do you find your pin? I'm assuming its not the password that you use to login into the gv website is it?

-s

PS: DO NOT use onedialer, it sux at pulling contacts for you to dial. Scrolling is amazingly slow and it takes forever to pull the list up to begin with.

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!

Last edited by slypher; 07-28-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:09 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher View Post
You mentioned a google voice pin in the first post, how do you find your pin? I'm assuming its not the password that you use to login into the gv website is it?

-s

PS: DO NOT use onedialer, it sux at pulling contacts for you to dial. Scrolling is amazingly slow and it takes forever to pull the list up to begin with.
You create a 4 digit pin when you set up your gv account. maybe also refrence as your vm pin
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3Gs
Carrier: AT&T Premiere

rawdog805 is becoming a great contributor

OK so this Magicall says

Call To: urnumber,,,pin,2,{phone}# ?????

So then what am I putting in the urnumber slot?? then the Pin is obvious.. But then the {phone}#???

Is it just as simple as putting in my google voice number in the urnumber slot and my 4 digit pin in the pin slot??

Also how can I set up a rule to use this only during the hours that I get charged for my minutes?

Last question I promise, lol.. What number will show up on the other persons caller id, my GV number or my sprint # using the Magicall Method??
Old 07-29-2009, 06:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805 View Post
OK so this Magicall says

So then what am I putting in the urnumber slot?? then the Pin is obvious.. But then the {phone}#???

Is it just as simple as putting in my google voice number in the urnumber slot and my 4 digit pin in the pin slot??

Also how can I set up a rule to use this only during the hours that I get charged for my minutes?

Last question I promise, lol.. What number will show up on the other persons caller id, my GV number or my sprint # using the Magicall Method??
The Google Voice number should show when you are making calls this way.

-s
Old 07-29-2009, 08:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher View Post
The Google Voice number should show when you are making calls this way.

-s
ok and what am I putting in the slots that I asked about above? any ideas..

Thanks for the response..
Old 07-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805 View Post
OK so this Magicall says

urnumber - your google voice number
pin - your 4 digit pin
the rest leave alone
(2 tells gv your calling out. {phone}# tells gv what number you dialed out on the keypad)
Your GV number appears on callerid.

its just an automated way of dialing Google - urnumber - your google voice number

authoizing google - Pin

telling google your making a call - 2

telling it to use the number you put on your keypad - {phone}#

as for times controled that is on the options list...
Old 07-29-2009, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks for the help.. got it working... now I am going to try to set it up for all numbers outside of my call list.. as I want the people in my call list to know that it is me calling..
Old 07-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Grandmast is a n00b
Re: Google Voice Incoming/Outgoing Options!

I didn't realize this thread blew up. Anyway here's my post from the other thread. Watch out for your incoming minutes. Also, occasionally Magicall will jump the gun on the pauses and I have to wait to call again.

Is there a simple way to place a call bypassing the GV rule? like ##Number or some such.

Quote:
Be careful with this. When someone actually calls your Google Voice number, it does ring with your Pick 3 caller ID, but ensemble shows the number as unavailable.

So far I've been experimenting with it this month using MagiCall for automated outbound calls and the system still seems screwed up. I have a couple hundred anytime minutes used and barely any Mobile2Home. It definitely appears as if I will go over my allotted minutes and I'll just end up going back to 1250. This seemed like the end all, be all especially combined with Gizmo5 and my SIP phone, but it just doesn't seem to work the way I thought.

I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing the same issues?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jortiz12885 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to jortiz12885 Send a message via Skype™ to jortiz12885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmast View Post
I didn't realize this thread blew up. Anyway here's my post from the other thread. Watch out for your incoming minutes. Also, occasionally Magicall will jump the gun on the pauses and I have to wait to call again.

Is there a simple way to place a call bypassing the GV rule? like ##Number or some such.
k , so right now I know iDialer together with iContact works great but i tried using the callingcard.cab file and followed the instructions and is not working, is making a call and then it ends, doesnt ring, also something strange i noticed is when i call my GV from my phone it should take me to my voicemail it doesnt do anything just ends the call. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GV.JPG (46.2 KB, 59 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jortiz12885 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to jortiz12885 Send a message via Skype™ to jortiz12885

Quote:
Originally Posted by jortiz12885 View Post
k , so right now I know iDialer together with iContact works great but i tried using the callingcard.cab file and followed the instructions and is not working, is making a call and then it ends, doesnt ring, also something strange i noticed is when i call my GV from my phone it should take me to my voicemail it doesnt do anything just ends the call. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
k i just checked calling my GV number and the voicemail is working now, but now instead of nothing happening every time i use the callingcard option it juts dials my google voice number and taking me to voicemail! how is the calling card suppose to work? when u use that option are u going to receive a phone call back, like iDialer?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Tags
calling google voice, google voice, gv, incoming, outgoing