PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Running Windows on a WM device ?

Just wondering if anyone has actually gotten a version of Windows 95/98/XP to run on a Windows Mobile device and getting it to run pretty well ?

I saw on the iPhone fourm on here that someone got Windows 95 to run and working on XP...

I guess it would be kind of neat to be able to run something like XP on my phone to acutally open Microsoft word and not the stripped down version that comes on the PPC. I'm sure that's a dream but, is it possable ?
Old 07-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Running Windows on a WM device ?

it would be a super slim version of the OS if it were to function in any usable way...

you can use Remote Desktop which will do the same thing. it connects to your home computer and displays pretty darn well on your ppc screen

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 07-17-2009, 07:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

I saw somewhere that someone had 95 working.
That was a while ago.
Forgot what device they had it working on.
I'm sure google can find the article again,
but I'm in a lazy mood
and have a bunch of things to do
before I decide if I want to go out tonight or not. haha.
If I don't go out,
I'll see if I can find the article again.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
it would be a super slim version of the OS if it were to function in any usable way...

you can use Remote Desktop which will do the same thing. it connects to your home computer and displays pretty darn well on your ppc screen
I've done that many times to manage a remote server (works good, a little slow but, works in a pinch).

Looking to see if it's possable to get Windows 95/98/XP running on a Windows Moblie device (even in a type of VM or something)
Old 07-23-2009, 04:17 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

i ran 95 the other day, but my phone wouldnt start after hence requiring a soft reset. it was very slow.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions