PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   ROM Utility Update Screen Won't come up! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74404)

Biggzz 07-10-2009 11:22 PM

ROM Utility Update Screen Won't come up!

Hey guys,

Been searching here, Xda and google and cannot find the answer.

First, let me say i have flashed about 25-30 times in the last few weeks so I have a liitle experience. So I am not a complete noob and this just started today.

I have the phone in bootloader and am ready to flash a new ROM. When I choose the Custom RUU it asks me to allow which I click yes and the nothing. It doesn't do a darn thing.

I have tried different usb ports, ROMs, Restoring my computer, hard reseeting my phone and searching the Internet. Any help would be appreciated and please don't suggest flashing from SD card. I need real help.

Thanks geeks!

Gardoon 07-10-2009 11:33 PM

Re: ROM Utility Update Screen Won't come up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggzz (Post 1028628)
Hey guys,

Been searching here, Xda and google and cannot find the answer.

First, let me say i have flashed about 25-30 times in the last few weeks so I have a liitle experience. So I am not a complete noob and this just started today.

I have the phone in bootloader and am ready to flash a new ROM. When I choose the Custom RUU it asks me to allow which I click yes and the nothing. It doesn't do a darn thing.

I have tried different usb ports, ROMs, Restoring my computer, hard reseeting my phone and searching the Internet. Any help would be appreciated and please don't suggest flashing from SD card. I need real help.

Thanks geeks!

I'm guessing most people flash from the SD card with this phone, so you may not find anyone to help. I hope you do though.

If you don't mind me asking - what do you have against flashing from the SD card?

Biggzz 07-10-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gardoon (Post 1028647)
I'm guessing most people flash from the SD card with this phone, so you may not find anyone to help. I hope you do though.

If you don't mind me asking - what do you have against flashing from the SD card?

I tried it a couple times and as easy as everyone makes it sound, the "step by Step" instructions seemed complicated. I felt confused probably because I was new at this when I tried it. Flashing through active synce just seems easier.

Gardoon 07-12-2009 12:37 AM

I wanted to do USB too, since it's how I've flashed previous phones. I did take a lot of reading in order to figure out how to get the SD card to work. But it comes down to this (I've done this on 5 touch pro's):

- Standard disclaimer - proceed at your own risk.
- Your battery should be above 50% before proceeding.
- Unlock your SPL (if you've already flashed, you're unlocked - so you don't need to do this again unless you re-locked). This is done by running an application that has to be copied to the device (not the SD card) and running it. You can even unlock from the storage card, but I won't go into that here.
- Format your SD card in FAT32. To do this, select Disk Drive on your phone when connecting it and then right click on the removable drive that shows up in Windows Explorer on your machine and click format. Be sure to select FAT32. I have heard of people using large SD cards for flashing, but I'm not sure how. Would love to know :)
- Re-name RUU_Signed.nbh to RAPHIMG.nbh. Case is important.
- Copy the RAPHIMG.nbh to the root of your sd card.
- Unplug your phone from your computer.
- Hold power and volume down. Continue to hold these buttons.
- Tap the soft reset button with your stylus.
- Continue to hold down power and volume down. If you're fast, you can even wait until after hitting soft reset. But be sure you keep holding down on these buttons.
- You should see the 3-color screen, then the grey screen that says hit power to continue.
- The grey screen will then load the new ROM and eventually say it's complete. Once it says complete, then soft reset with the stylus.

The most important thing is to be formatted in FAT32 and have RAPHIMG.nbh in the root of your storage card.