PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2007, 08:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: AT&T Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

SportbikeRiderXX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to SportbikeRiderXX
WM5 vs. WM6 ACTIVESYNC program. Difference?

Do any of you PPC experts know if there is a difference in the ActiveSync program between WM5 and WM6? If so, is there any way to install the WM6 ActiveSync (or a certain file/portion of it) onto a WM5 device? (XV6700 specifically)

"Why?", you might ask? Well, I've finally figured how to set up PUSH email w/mail2web. I really like the way ActiveSync handles the email (EXCEPT how things disappear from the Deleted Items folder, but that's a separate issue). If I add Flexmail to the device, I have the option of html email. But, from what I understand, it is ACTIVESYNC that strips the html from email messages, so even WITH FlexMail, the emails don't come through with the html images.

I CAN get my emails (with html images) PUSHED via FlexMail using the MAPI IDLE feature, but I like the ActiveSync/Exchange email/folders handling propertires better.

So, since WM6 has native html email, if we try using the WM6 ActiveSync on the WM5 device, would that allow Flexmail to display html email?

I'm just thinking this may be an alternative route to try (way beyond MY capabilities) since I haven't read of anyone getting pOutlook from WM6 transferred onto a WM5 operating system.

Am I totally crazy?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions