PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Pondering a switch to a Blackberry from TP... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73070)

ghostyroasty 06-27-2009 08:48 PM

Pondering a switch to a Blackberry from TP...

Just curious... there are a lot of nice apps that are currently out for blackberry such as Slacker (I REALLY like Slacker), but I also still want to be able to tether like we can with our TPs for free.
Has anyone made the switch to BB from a TP? I am looking at the Tour which is set to be released in July for Sprint.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of going from WM to BB?

ghostyroasty 06-30-2009 08:59 AM

Re: Pondering a switch to a Blackberry from TP...

*Bump*

Deviation 06-30-2009 11:16 AM

I have both. Yes there are some really nice apps for the BB devices. I love Slacker too. For a personal phone, I love the TP. Its a much nicer interface. Seems to be easier for people to pick up on too. Did I mention the interface?

For work, you can't beat the BB. I run our BES and security is paramount here (financials). There is no doubt that the BES setup is king in that area.

Really its personal opinion here.

bikeandestroyx 06-30-2009 11:27 AM

I had a blackberry storm, for about 3 months, at first i loved it but after a while i got tired of it, lack of customizations, apps, CUSTOM ROMS! etc. overall blackberry is a very plain os, known for work and email.

ghostyroasty 07-01-2009 04:57 PM

Thanks for the responses... I am tempted to switch over... Depending on the camera quality of the Tour. If it is great, then I might make the switch. the phone looks like a winner, and I will still have my TP as a backup, and I can switch back anytime.

4wheelfurry 07-02-2009 08:06 AM

My wife currently has a BB and it is set up through her work on the BES. It is hands down the best work based phone one can own but what I don't like about it is the OS is plain and lacking. All her friends have BBs too so between them all most all models I've played with and the OS and UI layout is pretty much identical between them all. That makes it boaring that all BBs are the same... They do have a fierce following though and so apps are plenty, as well as tweaks but you have to re-learn the modding process.

Wife plans on getting a Palm Treo Pro to replace her BB soon as she doesn't need to be on the BES anymore (promotion). I can "do" :mrgreen: more to that one than her BB

ghostyroasty 07-02-2009 10:53 AM

lol I'm well aware of the plainness of the BB in general... I was also pondering moving to the pre, but I am unsure if it will be worth it, especially right now with not a lot of app development (Release the SDK!)