PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 08:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

chevyhighrider is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Insurance (used phone)

Allright maybe I can get a clear answer in here about this. I purchased a used phone from EBAY and am wondering if my current verizon insurance will cover it once the phone is activated. I subtly asked one of the techs at Verizon and was told that the insurance is only good for the phone last purchased FROM THEM. But I am curious if the rules might be a little looser than that, since he (just doing his job) had to give me a text book answer. Also with everyone on here modding the heck out of their phones doesn't that void your chance of an insurance claim?
Old 12-11-2008, 08:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdegroot is a n00b
Re: Insurance (used phone)

I just got off the phone with a Verizon Wireless Custom Service Representative. She spoke with someone at the insurance company and got all the necessary information. Here's the deal, according to her:

Insurance is on a specific phone number not a specific device. This is why the price on insurance does not vary by device type. So, no matter what the device on the number is, insurance apparently covers it.

If the device type is unknown to Verizon (as it is when you activate a non-registered ESN (like a Sprint phone), when you file a claim, the insurance company will simply ask you which device it was and replace it accordingly. So, anything did happen to the phone and you needed it replaced, they would probably be able to replace it with a Verizon Touch Pro, but close enough.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Threadstarter

chevyhighrider is a n00b

Cool I hope that's true, what about once you start modding the phone though??? thanks alot man.

Last edited by chevyhighrider; 12-11-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,Mogul,Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

junior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to junior1234
Cool Re: Insurance (used phone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyhighrider View Post
Cool I hope that's true, what about once you start modding the phone though??? thanks alot man.

Have a little experience with this ...just make sure you keep the stock rom available...if not make sure the phone wont power on before you send it to them ...they cant complain about mods they cant see evedince of ie make sure your story is good and the phone is not repairable.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G!
Carrier: Sprint

NJ2toU is a n00b

Hmmm... well, how come when I got my TP I had to get the insurance within 30 days of purchase? I thought the insurance was for the PHONE itself. People are always trying to scam companies and I would think that making it for the phone would help prevent that.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

gonnaget2you is just getting started
Wink Re: Insurance (used phone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2toU View Post
Hmmm... well, how come when I got my TP I had to get the insurance within 30 days of purchase? I thought the insurance was for the PHONE itself. People are always trying to scam companies and I would think that making it for the phone would help prevent that.
Dont know why they told you this...within 30 days of purchase....should state you cant make a claim until youve been covered for 30 days

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions