PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you go back ?
Nah, 6.5 is great, I can't go back 64 63.37%
I prefer 6.1 20 19.80%
I have not tried 6.5 17 16.83%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 02:28 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: After using 6.5, would you go back to 6.1 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
bump, wanted to see what other people think
I think your response in that previous post was helpful, but did you need to throw in that d*ck head comment at the end?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:24 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

6.5 Is awesome. I rarely have to go beyond the today screen and the start menu page to get things done. Access to almost everything on the phone withing 2 finger friendly pages is great. Plus if you use one of the themes that has things double spaced in the folders you hardly ever have to get the stylus out.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 07-27-2009, 04:46 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

never will go back to 6.1, love titanium, the finger friendly menu's, better start menu [after its organized], more fun to cook!
Old 07-27-2009, 07:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
6.5 Is awesome. I rarely have to go beyond the today screen and the start menu page to get things done. Access to almost everything on the phone withing 2 finger friendly pages is great. Plus if you use one of the themes that has things double spaced in the folders you hardly ever have to get the stylus out.
I was under the assumption that the double spaced folder menus we're built into the OS, I only started seeing them in the 23xxx builds and the themes for these builds had "the greys issue" so i stayed on Windows Mobile 6.5 RTM and what not, but i head 21921 has Start Menu Kinetic flick scrolling all the way to the bottom. Im still building a kitchen with 21921/21925 to test UI changes
Old 07-27-2009, 07:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I tried 6.5, and while I loved the new start menu & the backgrounds on the programs screen, I went back to 6.1. I got too bad of battery life on 6.5, was unimpressed by titanium, and some of my favorite apps wouldn't install properly. All I really miss is the program backgrounds, I wish that could be done on 6.1.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 07-27-2009, 05:48 PM
That guy with the axe

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
I tried 6.5, and while I loved the new start menu & the backgrounds on the programs screen, I went back to 6.1. I got too bad of battery life on 6.5, was unimpressed by titanium, and some of my favorite apps wouldn't install properly. All I really miss is the program backgrounds, I wish that could be done on 6.1.
I gotta agree with the battery life issue, I'm just dealing with it for now and hoping someone fixes that soon. Maybe the "official" release of 6.5 will help cure the battery use issue (fingers crossed). I have also noticed that opera and PIE dont work consistently on 6.5 so I have fallen back to using Skyfire as my sole browser. What other apps have you noticed not working on 6.5?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: The Trilogy

cooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to cooltech59

I am tossed on this, because I like switching between the two. They each have their pro's and con.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I think your response in that previous post was helpful, but did you need to throw in that d*ck head comment at the end?
Excuse me ? "Do some reading, it's not that hard..." is a d*ck head comment ? WOW, where do these people come from ?

A bunch of people are afraid to flash their phone, that is why I put that comment in. Also it's something that Mods on here talk about using all the time, 2 min with the search features on this site will find most answers.

Your comment was NOT HELPFUL at all. Thank you for waisting bandwith
Old 07-29-2009, 05:58 PM
That guy with the axe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
I was under the assumption that the double spaced folder menus we're built into the OS, I only started seeing them in the 23xxx builds and the themes for these builds had "the greys issue" so i stayed on Windows Mobile 6.5 RTM and what not, but i head 21921 has Start Menu Kinetic flick scrolling all the way to the bottom. Im still building a kitchen with 21921/21925 to test UI changes
Most of the ROMs from the chefs here that I've tried have the double spacing, but when I make a ROM using the PPC kitchen it comes out without it and I have to add a theme to get it. I'm not a pro ROM cook or anything though, I just use the built in options that are in the kitchen.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

I much more prefer WM6.5 over 6.1. TF3Dv2 is much more smooth then TF3Dv1, the menus are finger friendly, kinetic scrolling is a welcome addition, and the 23009, (RTM branch), has introduced start menu icon re-arranging by simply holding down on an icon for 2 seconds, and then dragging it to where you want it. I will likely never go back to WM6.1. After using WM6.5, I find WM6.1 to be as outdated as Windows 2000 compared to Windows 7.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions