PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Glossary, Terms, Definitions, Acronyms

Stock isn't an item it's just a term for what comes on your phone straight from the manufacturer. Anytime you get a new device it's considered "stock software". Hope that helps!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 07-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless
Threadstarter

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

A reference may be helpful, but most likely stock simply refers to an unaltered phone or OS, i.e. one that is the same as a company would stock.

EDIT: What Courtney said, I failed to see her post before replying :P
Old 07-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions

It's ok Chaos. HAHA There's so many users here now you never know who may be posting at the same times. I see it happening more now than ever!!
Old 11-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perculating is a n00b

Since I am A Brand Noobie to this site and to how to do things around here, I am thrilled to death to be able to see this glossary. Thank You Very Much

PS: I Love This Site Already
Old 11-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perculating
Since I am A Brand Noobie to this site and to how to do things around here, I am thrilled to death to be able to see this glossary. Thank You Very Much

Welcome to our little corner of the internet.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless
Threadstarter

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perculating View Post

Welcome to the Geekdom Gla my glossary was helpful, and enjoy your stay
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perculating View Post

your user name brings back memories lol, welcome!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

good to see this is useful still
Old 11-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
good to see this is useful still
Tadaaaaa! There it is, happy 6000th post lol.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: deborahadmathise
Carrier: deborahadmathise

deborahadmathise is a n00b

This is just the beginning in some respects that I have seen in the parish. Most of the information on Wikipedia is taken, XDA-developers forum, and the information I have gathered here. Ideally I would like to Contribute to other geeks, this is what I make and the end of the world have an abundance of common terms used PPCs. Anyone who would like to post the table definition does not necessarily run the application and try to find you when I get a chance. Also, if you find errors, please let me know so I can fix it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions