PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Naughty By Nature Teams With Microsoft To Promote PDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrock View Post
Not hating the theme. But really, the average customer will not be able to do that easily. And the 'urban demographic' they are blatantly targeting probably are going to want to change that theme to something really lame < insert radio rapper name here>

Maybe I am a "HATER" Hip hop is a major source for advertising, but Hiphop fans of today don't give a damn about naughty. Lets make this clear I'm a fan of them and hiphop in general. This just looks like a cheesey attempt.

Sorry people Its a wonderfull idea what was I thinking...
So tell me in your opinion, who you would have picked to advertise the phone?
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 06-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

notrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
So tell me in your opinion, who you would have picked to advertise the phone?

Good question. I'm not really sure. Naughty is a good fit for older hiphop heads. The best answer would be probably be someone super popular and wack, but everyone would buy it. Everyone is right tho MS and HTC has to get all the exposure they possibly can. Forgive me for my rather harsh jab.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Good question. I'm not really sure. Naughty is a good fit for older hiphop heads. The best answer would be probably be someone super popular and wack, but everyone would buy it. Everyone is right tho MS and HTC has to get all the exposure they possibly can. Forgive me for my rather harsh jab.
I think thats the crowd they want. Older business professionals. Naughty fan base is alot broader then some of these other "popular artists". The popular artist may have a bigger fan base but they are all in the same age group and similar minded. Where as Naughty covers alot of different fan bases. I like what they are doing. This is one of those things that it will get your attention even if you don't like them which is a win win for the company in the end because it's still exposure.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

notrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
I think thats the crowd they want. Older business professionals. Naughty fan base is alot broader then some of these other "popular artists". The popular artist may have a bigger fan base but they are all in the same age group and similar minded. Where as Naughty covers alot of different fan bases. I like what they are doing. This is one of those things that it will get your attention even if you don't like them which is a win win for the company in the end because it's still exposure.

Good point. I also had no idea any ppcgeeks were involved in the project. I just naturally thought some marketing company read how to theme and exploited it. Where is Trech anyways ?
Old 06-24-2009, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Russellhi is just getting started

Quote:

Sorry people Its a wonderfull idea what was I thinking...
thats more like it! I guess you can get a pass for those other comments lol

I think its great to see "ppcgeeks" involved like this. I'm going to show 100% support for this one. It will be interesting to see what doors this opens or ideas it sparks. Now I need to find that facebook link!

congrats to all involved I hope it goes well!
Old 06-24-2009, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: MTS

PROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuff

THE FULL VERSION VIDEO

I have to say I personally really like Naughty By Nature and their new album that is coming out this year makes them totally relevant in today's market. [wait till ya here it] they also were inducted into the hip hop hall of fame this past year.

Average customer won't be able to do what??

The theme will just install as a cab file?? Who does not know how to do that?

http://probex.ca
Putting the X in seXy mobile devices
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

PROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuff

Also the Idea behind all this is that as we all are aware some other phones advertising and app store has gotten alot more press for sure, but windows is aware and that's why they are launching 6.5 with the windows marketplace button [App store will be live soon]
Old 06-24-2009, 06:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnext View Post
I am excited about this for sooooo many reasons. The obvious... I love WM phones, and Its the TP2. But I'm also excited because I was born and raised in EO (aka ILL Town) and of course that's where Vin and the gang roots are. Not to mention I met Vin once and have a picture or two with him so needless to say... I am SUPED!

It's really groundbreaking in my opinion for both MS and NBN. I donno.. maybe it's just because it hits close to home for me on multiple levels...

Assuming I don't win the contest, I'm wondering where I could get that custom theme anyway... just in case I feel like reppin somedayz lol
you will be able to get from the windows marketplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROBEX View Post
Also the Idea behind all this is that as we all are aware some other phones advertising and app store has gotten alot more press for sure, but windows is aware and that's why they are launching 6.5 with the windows marketplace button [App store will be live soon]
exactly buddy this si soooo cool being part of this with you in ways i still cant believe the chain of events we have been through during this process..... almost seems sureal.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ya Im still pinching myself to see when I wake up... lol
Old 06-25-2009, 05:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Personally I would like to see MS do a apple type commercal (I'm a mac and I'm a PC) with the Windows Mobile vs the iPhone...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions