PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900 touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

ilynx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
?'s about selling a touch pro

Hi all,

I have the option of receiving a Touch Pro to replace my Mogul, and I am wondering what my options are as far as selling the Touch Pro as soon as I get it, so that I can then buy a phone of my choice instead. I am not sure if the TP will be new or refurbished.

I have never sold a phone before, so I don't know if I need to do anything besides find a buyer in order to sell it. I am on Sprint, so as far as I understand it, I don't need to worry about unlocking the TP, but I am not sure about that.

Are there any other concerns I should be thinking about before I decide to go this course? Will it matter at all to Sprint if I sell the TP before ever activating it? Or do I need to activate it first, then deactivate it, then sell it?

I would ask these questions in the marketplace forum, but I don't have enough posts yet to post there.

TIA,
Ilynx
Old 06-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue, HTC 5800, Touch it like a Pro!
Carrier: Verizon

shadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: ?'s about selling a touch pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilynx View Post
Hi all,

I have the option of receiving a Touch Pro to replace my Mogul, and I am wondering what my options are as far as selling the Touch Pro as soon as I get it, so that I can then buy a phone of my choice instead. I am not sure if the TP will be new or refurbished.

I have never sold a phone before, so I don't know if I need to do anything besides find a buyer in order to sell it. I am on Sprint, so as far as I understand it, I don't need to worry about unlocking the TP, but I am not sure about that.

Are there any other concerns I should be thinking about before I decide to go this course? Will it matter at all to Sprint if I sell the TP before ever activating it? Or do I need to activate it first, then deactivate it, then sell it?

I would ask these questions in the marketplace forum, but I don't have enough posts yet to post there.

TIA,
Ilynx
If there is still a way to activate the sprint TP on Verizon.....Ill buy it from you for 300

***ZEBRAPPC***

zebra cases are for L337 pimps.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Hi all,

TIA,
Ilynx
you wont have to activate once you get and you return your mogul to them you can turn around and sell right away
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The TP that Asurion will send you will be brand new in the box if you hurry and file your claim. You do not have to activate the new TP as the insurance claim has nothing to do with Sprint. Your best bet is to list the new TP on craigslist with pics but do not open or use the phone. They sell anywhere from 250 to 300 here in Houston, Tx. but people are not spending that much anymore because the TP has been out for a while and new models are coming out soon. The TP is still worth more than a mogul anyday. Ofcourse you will have to activate some other phone on your account since you will be selling the TP.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 06-20-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

my advice is do what i did; take your brand new tp and tell sprint you want a pre. then sell the pre, they'll fetch more right now than a tp.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. mariah carey View Post
my advice is do what i did; take your brand new tp and tell sprint you want a pre. then sell the pre, they'll fetch more right now than a tp.
LOL!!! Good luck with that!!! Sprint will not exchange an insurance device. If you got them to do it then you are very lucky. I thought about doing that myself.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900 touch pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ilynx is a n00b

Thanks for all the advice! After doing a little research on the Pre, I think I am going to keep my TP, and wait to upgrade to the Pre once it has matured a little. I like customizing my phone, and it seems the Pre is a bit limited in that area.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Thanks for all the advice! After doing a little research on the Pre, I think I am going to keep my TP, and wait to upgrade to the Pre once it has matured a little. I like customizing my phone, and it seems the Pre is a bit limited in that area.
Smart choice!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 03:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
Smart choice!!!
It's going to be a toss up for me.
Waiting for a matured Pre, or I should say, matured WebOS,
or a wm7 device.
Not sure which one I want to go with.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:41 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i always say (and do) get both!!! granted i work for Sprint so its a little easier for me (cost and just all around) but im one of those people that have to get every newest and latest device, except Windows Vista, still using XP.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions