PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: 2 phone numbers 1 phone

Check out GrandCentral/Google Voice!

late,
Coz
Old 06-22-2009, 02:53 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

as soon as Sprint merged with Nextel, they stopped the second line service. Some people are "grandfathered" in, or if you get a Nextel rep instead of a Sprint rep (i know, i know) they might be able to get it done, but like i said before it was only on Nextel devices so it wouldnt help the OP anyhow.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-22-2009, 03:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Number Assignment Module (NAM) - The NAM is the electronic memory in the cellular phone that stores the telephone number and an Electronic Serial Number.

how is this any different than what the other thread was about? i told the other poster all i was comfortable telling him, but why isnt this identical?

kinda opening yourself up for flamming and mod interaction id think...
its a world of difference because several cell companies, at one time, offered 2 lines on one phone. its just like having 2 lines run into your house. if you have the correct phone(dual line) you can answer either line with the same phone. the other thread was about ESN cloning and a totally different setup.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post

late,
Coz
They are not accepting any new accounts.

~John
Old 06-22-2009, 03:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Yeah you can setup the NAM2 settings for the other line (phone settings--services).. i think.. just would need to register your esn on the second account...

maybe you could do this with 2 seperate cell companies... have your esn activated on 2 carriers / 2 numbers.....

i dunno...
Old 06-22-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

twistedfish is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to twistedfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post

late,
Coz
I signed up for the notification...I guess the big thing for me was I dont' really want work people having my personal cell phone and vise versa. I wanted to be able to choose which line I dialed out on etc.

Not suc a big deal I have carried two phones for the past 2 years, I guess I will just keep on doing it.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Depending on the services you have (i.e. unlimited everything, I have verizon so I don't know whats available for you on sprint) why don't you just have everything forwarded to one or the other phone?
Old 06-22-2009, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

twistedfish is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to twistedfish

I have the simply everthing plan on my phone so minutes are not an issue, but I don't want block my caller id becuase I know people that won't answer if they don't know who it is and I don't want my personal number showing up when I make work calls to employees or vendors.

DMAN these phone companies for not providing every service to everyone for free forever!! LOL
Old 06-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Yeah you can setup the NAM2 settings for the other line (phone settings--services).. i think.. just would need to register your esn on the second account...

maybe you could do this with 2 seperate cell companies... have your esn activated on 2 carriers / 2 numbers.....

i dunno...
Interesting.. I wonder if that would work?

How about a voip solution?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 06-22-2009, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Harveystyles is keeping up the good workHarveystyles is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Harveystyles

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedfish View Post
It is different because I am not looking to "cheat" anyone out of anything. I pay for two seperate phone bills (one for personal and one for business) I am simply trying to find out if I can carry them on the same phone. The other thread he was trying to beat the system and use the same phone number on two devices...phone companies make money on services.

Back in the early 90's I had phone that I did just this thing leagally...through LA Cellular. At that time they actually advertised it as a service, to the best of my knowledge no phone company has ever offered that you can use the same number on multiple phones and since the begining of cell service that has been considered cloning.

I don't see where this opens me up for flaming...I am asking a legit question about what was a legit service at one time. At that time I could just progam the second number without even calling the carrier without breaking any carrier rules. That was the type of information I was looking for nothing more and nothing else.

Thanks for you help!
*sighs* No, I wasn't trying to beat the system, and get a free phone line. Please know what your talking about before you make assumptions. Had you, or anyone else, brought what your talking about up, as a means to the end of my problem, I would've actually tried to solve my problem with your solution.

And actually, I know a few business chaps, that frequent the hotel next to where I work. They have cricKet as they're home line, and Verizon as they're work line, and have them both linked to LG Voyagers. Some services don't work mind you. But the phone is registered to both companies. And works for 2 different lines, on the same phone.
Fresh 1.1 Rom

Last edited by Harveystyles; 06-22-2009 at 11:24 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions