PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Remote desktop - Can't connect (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7236)

garberfc 08-14-2007 05:29 PM

Remote desktop - Can't connect

Hey All,

I'm using the HTC Mogul w/ MSM 6 and the MS Remote Desktop.

I can connect via my laptop, I have the Mogul connected to the web via WiFi, and all the settings seem correct.

When I attempt to connect I get the message:

Cannot connect. Likely reasons are:
1. Specified computer name or ip does not exist.
2. A network error occurred while establishing the connection.

I have the correct ip address. I'm not sure why it want's the computer name, but I specified that too.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

F

garberfc 08-14-2007 05:48 PM

I figured that out. The application wanted the IP address where is said "Computer".

One problem though, while I can use the stylus to click and double click items on the remote computer, I can't enter any data via the soft or hard keyboard?

[sammich] 08-21-2007 04:26 PM

You should be able to enter text thru the keyboard. It works for my computer while using RDC

If I find something, I'll report it here. I use remote desktop alot so..... its only a matter of time!

garberfc 08-23-2007 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun
You should be able to enter text thru the keyboard. It works for my computer while using RDC

If I find something, I'll report it here. I use remote desktop alot so..... its only a matter of time!

I just tried again, and no luck. I left notepad running on the host, connected and tapped in the open window. I tried both the hard and soft keyboard and no luck. :?

Again, I can access the menus just fine.

Any thoughts?

[sammich] 08-23-2007 03:17 PM

I was fiddling with it yesterday, and I couldn't find anything wrong. Mine will type. I am actually typing this message from my ppc using remote desktop. The only thing I found was when connected via sprint powervision, typing took much longer. Now i am connected via my wireless network at home.

I would suggest trying to find another version or remote desktop ppc for your device. Sorry if I over looked it, but are you using a kitchen rom or do the Mogul's not have any out yet? I was wondering if the wm5 version will work on your device. I have it in my kitchen from helmi's aku 3.5 but unfortunately its not in a .cab...

I am not experienced in it but have you tried terminal services client? Also, are you using wifi locally or at another hotspot? Because with TSC and RDC you need your IP from your ISP as well as the port number to connect to your computer from outside your home network.

You probably know this but if you want to connect to you pc from an outside network, you should connect to this ex: 72.168.147.448:3389
Try connecting to your computer from another network

The last 4 digits is the port number you need to open with your router ONLY if you are using remote desktop from an outside connection.

I am typing too much stuff for now. Sorry if I said things you have already done!

Good luck!

linht 10-04-2007 04:30 AM

You can try Gooer Remote Desktop Service. It is pretty good.