PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

twistedfish is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to twistedfish
2 phone numbers 1 phone

Okay I saw the thread about 1 line on two phones....I know illegal. My question is....back in the day you could have dual NAMs (I think that is what is was called). I would really like to be able to put both my work phone and my personal phone on one device (legally of course) so that I don't have to carry two phones. Both phones are Sprint phones.

Anyone got any ideas...or am I just Boned!! LOL

Thanks
Old 06-22-2009, 01:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 2 phone numbers 1 phone

call sprint and ask if it can be done.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond and TP

Shin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Exclamation Re: 2 phone numbers 1 phone

It can be done I have a friend that has a similar situation and he called his carrier and they set it up for him without a problem .. they charge him for the set up like 36.00 which was a one time charge .... let me know how it works for you ...
Old 06-22-2009, 01:48 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I know nextel does it not sure about sprint.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the responses, I sent an email over to my company sprint rep...I will let you know what they say.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:58 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Number Assignment Module (NAM) - The NAM is the electronic memory in the cellular phone that stores the telephone number and an Electronic Serial Number.

how is this any different than what the other thread was about? i told the other poster all i was comfortable telling him, but why isnt this identical?

kinda opening yourself up for flamming and mod interaction id think...
Old 06-22-2009, 01:59 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

coolness
Old 06-22-2009, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

It is different because I am not looking to "cheat" anyone out of anything. I pay for two seperate phone bills (one for personal and one for business) I am simply trying to find out if I can carry them on the same phone. The other thread he was trying to beat the system and use the same phone number on two devices...phone companies make money on services.

Back in the early 90's I had phone that I did just this thing leagally...through LA Cellular. At that time they actually advertised it as a service, to the best of my knowledge no phone company has ever offered that you can use the same number on multiple phones and since the begining of cell service that has been considered cloning.

I don't see where this opens me up for flaming...I am asking a legit question about what was a legit service at one time. At that time I could just progam the second number without even calling the carrier without breaking any carrier rules. That was the type of information I was looking for nothing more and nothing else.

Thanks for you help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Number Assignment Module (NAM) - The NAM is the electronic memory in the cellular phone that stores the telephone number and an Electronic Serial Number.

how is this any different than what the other thread was about? i told the other poster all i was comfortable telling him, but why isnt this identical?

kinda opening yourself up for flamming and mod interaction id think...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:38 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

nobody offers second line service except Nextel devices

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-22-2009, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I just got off the phoen with my Sprint rep and in fact it WAS a service that you get until a few years ago. Now you can have two number point to one line, but you can't actually carry two lines on one phone. So I guess this is dead question.

Thanks for the help!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions