PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 02:16 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Ne1 else bored of their phones?

ive noticed lately, that phones, something i enjoy tweaking emmensly, are getting a bit lame... i mean, i can tweak its appearence till im blue in the face.. i can bluejack anything.. i can play through radio.. i can gps or geocache my way around the world.. i can tether with wifi/BT/USB for free.. used to do the remote desktop stuff.. im sure im forgetting things.. new ROMS dont really offer anything, varying speed,look,feel, diff apps thats about it...

anyone else getting bored with phones? what do you think is the next big exciting break through?

and please dont say a new model phone coming out soon... none of em are that sweet just different body, different colors, different screen.....different bugs... nothing groundbreaking or anything like that...
Old 06-16-2009, 02:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

robp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Ne1 else bored of their phones?

Its always something isn't it? I get bored crap less with my phone, then a few weeks later someone has done something different to suck me back in(holy run-on).

I have thought of different phones(i phone,blackberry which I have), but the WM sucks me back in.

I think the next thing will be a full on mobile computer with a screen size of 4''(bigger than a touchpro2). But, then after that I'll want something better. Ahhhh.....to be a consumerist huh?

I don't really get bored.....more like burnt out sometimes.

Thank god for my Scotch and Irish blood!
Blow'em Up, Shoot'em Down', Make'em ALL Hug The Ground!
Know your rights! Don't let the beaurocrats make your choices. Remember "For the people, by the people"
Old 06-16-2009, 02:30 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

i wouldnt say i get bored. just contempt
Old 06-16-2009, 02:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

robp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good work

OP your handle makes me want to go get more ink. Im at a 3/4 sleeve thinking of full.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:40 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Man, talk about a short attention span.
I think some people want everything they own to do a dance or something.
It's a tool that you use to do stuff with.
Don't be so spoiled.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Universal
Carrier: Tmobile

jobot is a n00b

maybe it is time to go outside. har har.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:58 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

you guys kinda missed the point... im not saying im dissappointed, im saying theres nothing new left to do with our phones really...

also asked what you all thought would be the next big leap in phone tech..
Old 06-16-2009, 05:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

start programming for our phones then.
theres always more programs to be built.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:56 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

such as??? everyones just remaking stuff as it is.... like i said noones doing anything groundbreaking.. they just re-skin titanium/manilla/rodium.. make more, different look and feel weather apps... same deal with gps stuff, or utility programs...

like i said, what do people want to see next???
Old 06-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

we dont know... but when we DO see it we'll all say... "wish i woulda thought of that!" or if they charge for it we'll all say "where can i get a free app that does the same thing." lol

Best... Member... Ever...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions