PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Updated: Free direct push mail using mail2web tutorial.

1. Go and sign up for an account via this link HERE

2. Once you have signed up then take your ppc and go to start/programs/activsync/menu in the bottom left corner/ now select configure server

3. In the server address box put in mobile.exchange.mail2web.com and check the box that says this server requires and encrypted (SSL) connection.

4. Hit next in the user name box put your username@mail2web.com, password, and in the domain box put ad2. You can go to advanced to setup if u want it to replace item on device and an option for event logging. You don?t have to mess with these settings unless you want to.

5. Click next and select whatever you would like the device to sync with the exchange server. I sync everything cause if I?m out and about and I have troubles I can hard reset and sync my contacts, calendar, email, and tasks right on the spot.

6. Click finish, now go to menu/schedule/ in the peak and off peak boxes select as items arrive, now set the other setting to how you want.

7. You?re DONE! Enjoy your new direct push mail.

NOTE: I recommend this service for people that live in an EVDO coverage until they fix the pinging. Cause when in a 1x coverage area it pings the server every 60 seconds just to keep the connection alive. And if you?re in a nonEVDO area this will cause you to miss calls all the time. Hopefully they will fix this soon. Supposedly they are working on this.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:47 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Just to update everyone it is now safe to use mail2web all the time, even when not in a EV-DO coverage area. They have now fixed the pinging probelm. yea! \/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

xclusiv_1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to xclusiv_1
sorry guys i'm new to this and this may sound silly.... what is push email and how does it actually work
Old 06-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

ok u know how pop mail polls every some many mins. depending on how u have it set up. well direct push, as soon as u receive an email, u get it on ur phone. no more polling, as soon as u send a message it sends. plus u can sync contacts and such. hope this helps.
~mike
Old 06-11-2006, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

xclusiv_1 is a n00b
yeah that helps a lot... now I was on windows mobile website and they have some type of update for push email... should we get that update also... and what other push email services are outh there... preferably free...
Old 06-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

I know of no other direct push services that are free, but if anyone else does speak up, I know that most charge a small monthly fee of like 5 bux or so. Also I havent seen there was an update, can u post a link to that article?
Old 06-12-2006, 08:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

xclusiv_1 is a n00b
here is the link i was talking about... http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...5/default.mspx
take a look at it and let me know if it's required...
Old 06-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

ok so I checked out the link provided, thanks by the way. I'm sure ur talking about where its says update for sprint ppc6700 right? I looked over it and that's just the rom upgrade. Note this does have to be done to use push mail. I have written a tutorial on upgrading the rom, and its a sticky. If you haven't upgraded yet, I highly recommend it. It adds a lot of features, including direct push capablities, voice dial program, zip program, and more. Hope this helps.
~Mike
Old 06-13-2006, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

xclusiv_1 is a n00b
o.k. great, didn't even realize that... but i found another free push email service... http://www.emoze.com/en/ take a look and tell me what u think
Old 06-13-2006, 03:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

xclusiv_1 is a n00b
o.k. just a couple of questions... w/ mail2go as a push email service will i have to use that as my actual mail account or will my current yahoo accounts be forwarded to my phone using this, b/c w/ the link i provided above ( http://www.emoze.com/en/ ) it says that you can actually use the email from your yahoo and google account & have it directly sent to you ppc? is this how this works... please help, i'm a newb trying to get email

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions