PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How to sell a diamond? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71256)

mikejfrd 06-10-2009 11:56 AM

How to sell a diamond?

I have a diamond now, and will be switching cell phone providers, and having my number ported. If I sell my diamond after the number is ported and the sprint service is canceled, can someone that buys it off of say ebay activate it under their account and use the phone?

I've sold phones on ebay before, but never after I had canceled the service on it. Just want to make sure I don't sell a phone to someone that can not be activated.

Also is it better to advertise and sell it "unlocked" or just as it was shipped?

Thanks,

Mike

CozBoogie 06-10-2009 12:12 PM

Re: How to sell a diamond?

Moved to the General Discussion Forum.

late,
Coz

Negrito 06-10-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejfrd (Post 966490)
Also is it better to advertise and sell it "unlocked" or just as it was shipped?

Thanks,

Mike

Personally i would list it as regular, with an option of having it unlocked. maybe for five bucks more or something like that. Also, i would sell it on craigslist, not ebay.

mikejfrd 06-23-2009 09:22 AM

Will the buyer have an issue activating the phone?? I ported my number from the diamond to ATT.

jstn76rs 06-23-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejfrd (Post 991343)
Will the buyer have an issue activating the phone?? I ported my number from the diamond to ATT.

How much do you want for it?

mikejfrd 06-23-2009 10:13 AM

Gonna start the bid at 120.00 with free shipping and see where it goes. Everything is included with two extra cases. It's a month old (insurance replacement) good condition.

So again, I want to make sure that there will be no activation issues for the buyer. I canceled the account by porting my number to a different carrier.

Gesani 06-24-2009 11:13 PM

Who ever buys the phone should not have a problem as long as you dont report that esn as lost or stolen. I work for a company that sells both Sprint and AT&T phones. Porting your number just transers your account to the new carrier it has no effect on your phone.

aczlan 06-27-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gesani (Post 995144)
Who ever buys the phone should not have a problem as long as you dont report that esn as lost or stolen. I work for a company that sells both Sprint and AT&T phones. Porting your number just transers your account to the new carrier it has no effect on your phone.

So, what would it take to activate a sprint (for example) phone on a Verizon account? Is it doable? Or should I start a new thread on this?

Thanks

Aaron Z

Gesani 06-28-2009 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aczlan (Post 1001439)
So, what would it take to activate a sprint (for example) phone on a Verizon account? Is it doable? Or should I start a new thread on this?

Thanks

Aaron Z

thats a fun one. you either have to go into a Corporate store that is willing to help you or call cust support until you find a rep that can or is will to add the ESN to thier database. Then you would have to DL or go to a corp store to have the phone flashed with the VZW rom or a Custom rom of your liking.

aczlan 06-28-2009 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gesani (Post 1001849)
thats a fun one. you either have to go into a Corporate store that is willing to help you or call cust support until you find a rep that can or is will to add the ESN to thier database. Then you would have to DL or go to a corp store to have the phone flashed with the VZW rom or a Custom rom of your liking.

Thanks, it looks like I will stick with the Motorola W755 that I got when I re-upped my Vzw contract. While I LOVED my XV6700, it is not worth the price/hassle to replace it with another similar phone for the time being. Perhaps later on I will tinker with a PPC phone again.

If anyone is looking for a XV6700 for parts, I have one that wont take a charge but otherwise seems to work. It has a new digitizer and WM6.1 installed

Aaron Z