PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

therookielot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to therookielot Send a message via Skype™ to therookielot
Refurbished replacement phones are a joke

Before I had a Touch Pro, I had a Mogul. I went through 10 of them before they gave me a brand new touch pro.

The 1st one got stolen at a party, which was definitely my fault.
2-9 were all internal system defects. the most common was when I slid the screen closed, it rebooted the device. 10 was a very obvious cosmetic defect and also internal. The screen wasn't flush with the keyboard/certain letters were screwed up on the keyboard and would not work. So by #10 I wasn't a very happy camper. But I'm a generally nice guy to the service reps at Sprint and I know it's part of their SOP to keep giving me broken phones to replace my other broken phone. At this point, they were totally cool with giving me a brand new phone/upgrade so it all worked out.

I brought my phone in a couple weeks ago to see if I could score a new battery, but they said they have to check the device. So I gave him my phone and went shopping. When I came back to the sprint store, they told me they had to order a brand new phone. I almost argued with him for some reason but then he was like "but we're sending you a brand new one dude" and I felt stupid haha. So I came back 2 days later and they started setting up my new device. I guess it was a refurbished one, cuz it had something that looked like a fruit roll up wrapper on the screen. So I thought "Probably won't have any issues with this one it is a touch pro(ha famous last words)" Not even a week into it, and I'm already getting random things happening. e.g. The circular windows icon pops up in the center of the screen for no reason/ the text alert at the top of the screen disappears after a minute or so afetr receiving/a screen pops up asking if I want to use my device as a disk drive or sync it with the computer even when it's not connected to anything. Weird stuff, nothing major.

It's just like, what's the point to replace something defected with something ≥ defected?
Old 06-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Refurbished replacement phones are a joke

i agree with you but to be honest, i think all the people with broken 6700 and 6800s should've gotten a refurbed tp as replacement. i know this will anger some folks but i don't think it's fair that a person who bought a tp gets a refurb but the 6700 and 6800 people get new tps as replacements. i bought 1 and have 8 refurbs so far.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
i agree with you but to be honest, i think all the people with broken 6700 and 6800s should've gotten a refurbed tp as replacement. i know this will anger some folks but i don't think it's fair that a person who bought a tp gets a refurb but the 6700 and 6800 people get new tps as replacements. i bought 1 and have 8 refurbs so far.
That's ridiculous, they should have given you a new one already.
You gotta learn to work the system bro,
or the system works you!!
Old 06-06-2009, 08:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

its funny
I thought I went through phones like water. You got me beat LMAO!
as far as refurbished phones, they suck. I love how some people will ask openly how do you get a new phone. Its easy - just use the device and get a refurb. You don't even have to break it on accident, they do it just fine by themselves if you just use the device. In fact I am on my 5th touch pro from verizon =/ all had issues.

Now VZW usually says you can have a new phone from their lineup but if you see their lineup its not that great =(

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions