PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

clewis4u91 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Deleted messages will reappear after soft reset (WM 6.1) - HTC Diamond

I have an HTC Touch Diamond on Bell. The issue I have is quite annoying. I want to avoid a hard reset as much as possible. Basically, the problem I have is that when I delete messages, they will always reappear after a soft reset. Any messages I received between the last reset message will be deleted once a soft reset is performed. For example, I received a message on May 23rd and messages received after that are not kept once I soft reset. I found users with a similar issue here: http://www.technologyquestions.com/t...nt-delete.html
I have tried everything. Clearing ALL text messages doesn't even work. I clear my messages, wait overnight, then in the morning, soft reset, all the messages have returned. I would appreciate any help that you can give.

PS: It does the same thing with my email. I have 2 new emails in one of my three accounts, which I delete, and then sync again. After a soft reset, they have returned along with all the other text messages. It's very frustrating! I'm also using the stock Bell ROM.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Orange

lvlacleod is a n00b
Re: Deleted messages will reappear after soft reset (WM 6.1) - HTC Diamond

I've got a very similar problem. My m8 sent me a message. I received it 3 times. I keep deleting them but they are the only messages that keep reappearing after a soft reset. All other messages stay deleted fine. I even had to do a hard reset a couple of days ago and they still reappeared.

So I'm with clewis, could really do with some professional help PLEASE
Old 07-08-2009, 04:59 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

how long do you wait till you soft reset? i noticed some messages i send dont save becasue i soft reset too soon. also how the heck can a message reappear when you did a softreset? unless your backing up your messages then it would have something to do with the appllications backup file i would think.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

riphamilton is just getting started

looks like i'm resurrecting a dead thread here, but i'm having the same exact issue (sprint mogul, stock 6.1 rom with just a few non-sms related registry tweaks).

i've done everything: deleted individually, "clear text messages," and then soft reset or powered off (a MS MVP said you need to power off after clearing out the account in order to keep the texts from coming back). the texts keep coming back.

do you really need to do a hard reset in order to simply clear your text messages? that can't be the case.... right?
Old 05-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

no. what i do in this situation is i got to all messages and then menu and then "clear text messages" now youjust have to wait awhile to get them to disappear

another way i used to do it is
go to sent folder, menu, select messages, all, menu, delete, now you can see the number of messages on the bottom right, keep watching that, your going to have to wait awhile if you have over 2k messages, BE PAITIENT

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions