PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Lost USB Connection (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69075)

BuffaloBill23 05-19-2009 07:03 AM

Lost USB Connection

I have a HTC Touch running on the Sprint Network. I have never had a problem with my USB connection. However, since about a week ago, I can not connect the phone to the computer with the USB connection. Active Sync does not see the phone as connected. I cant see the device in My Computer. I have tried to use the tools in Active Sync to diagnose the problem without success. I have tried differnt cables and I have tried 2 other computers. I get the same results. I tried a soft reset, powering down the phone and removing the battery. None of that fixed the problem. I tried reviewing all the settings on the Active Sync program on the phone, unchecking and resetting them all. Still didnt work. I called Sprint tech support and they had me uninstall and reinstall Active Sync on the computer. That didnt work. I havent tried a hard reset. I am trying to avoid that because I dont wont to have to reinstall all my programs and customizations.
I would appreciate anybody's help

CozBoogie 05-19-2009 12:22 PM

Re: Lost USB Connection

Get yourself a good back up program because no PPC should be without it. Look for SPB Backup, Sprite, etc. There are a few discussions in the Software Forum regarding various backup programs. With a backup program you won't have to worry about reinstalling your software, contacts, etc.

Then do a hard reset. Then restore. There are a few issues that could be causing ActiveSync to not work but the easiest course is to backup, hard reset, and restore.

late,
Coz

BuffaloBill23 05-25-2009 07:07 AM

i tried your suggestion. Unfortunately the backup program was picking up whatever was causing the problem. I wound up having to do the hard reset and reinstall all programs and settings anyway. thanks for the help.

DannyAbr 05-29-2009 03:21 AM

A good backup program is a must since the pocket phones are quite sensitive devices and your data can easily get lost. I use Sprite and like the functionality and fine usability of the software. I am not sure if I can help you with your USB problem, it has to be a defect in the phone. Probably you could ask at the retailer or phone/mail the support service.

codybear 06-02-2009 08:38 PM

who's rom are you using?
is it 6.1 or 6.5?

psycho_maniac 06-02-2009 11:47 PM

try this
go to start>programs>internet sharing, hook up the phone to the computer. then hit connect. it SHOULD connect. let it sit for awhile and then disconnect and pull the coard out. wait a few more seconds and then hook it back up. this is usually a fix for a similar problem. i have to do this everytime i flash a radio