PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Lurker

kboy421 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Suddenly slow

I have a smartphone with WM6 and it has this quirk where it suddenly starts responding very slowly. Rather than tapping a selection, I have to hold it for about 2 seconds. Writing is very difficult because I have to hold the stylus down for about 2 seconds, then move it to write the character. It can happen when only one program is open. I can restart the device, and that may fix it, then it starts again. I have used SK Tools to free up ram and sometimes that helps and sometimes it doesn't. I have 8.33 MB free program space and 116 mb free storage space. Any ideas of what to do? Thanks for your help.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: Suddenly slow

ya gotta let us know what ppc you have in order for us to help you.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kboy421 is a n00b

Sprint Mogul
Old 05-17-2009, 09:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Sprint

miamicanes is a n00b

I had a similar problem with my Touch/Vogue a few weeks ago (you can see the posts I made when I was pretty near the end of my rope before finally getting the problem resolved somehow). My battery life was dismal (if I unplugged the phone from the charger and left it sitting unused on a table, the battery would be dead within 6-8 hours), and everything seemed to run... in... maddeningly... slow... motion. Launching Opera Mobile took the better part of 2 minutes, and loading something like the front page to slashdot took up to 5 minutes. Disabling Winterface's weather app seemed to help a *tiny* bit, but not nearly as much as I'd hoped.

At that point, I started to randomly experiment with S2U2 settings. I'm still not entirely sure what was causing the problem, but something I did seems to have simultaneously fixed both the battery-life and sluggish performance problems. I have a hunch it was an artifact between the registry-dictated power management settings and one or more options in S2U2, but I can't prove it, doubt I can replicate it, and really don't WANT to risk accidentally causing it to happen again

For what it's worth, I think one or more of S2U2's sleep-related options might actually mean the opposite of what it appears to imply from its name. All I remember is that at some point after changing the time to sleep from 60s to 6s and un-checking "but only blank the display", the phone perversely seemed to get faster. Of course, it's not the only setting I changed at the time, and I couldn't begin to tell you what the others I changed were, but I'd recommend that if you ARE using S2U2, try this. It can't hurt, and might help if you get lucky.

Last edited by miamicanes; 05-17-2009 at 09:18 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions